Chapter 1 - What's happening?

It was dark. Very dark actually. There was a few lines of light coming from above, showing a metallic lining in the locker she was trapped in. Kaede Akamatsu shuffled the best she could. She couldn't move her arms around that well, and she had just enough room to beat herself against the door of the locker. It didn't take long for the locker door to swing open, causing her to stumble out a bit. She stabilized herself, and let her eyes adjust to the room. 

"What in the..." She said to herself, surprised at the hoarseness of her voice. She turned around and looked at the locker she had fallen out of; it looked beaten and scratched on the inside. There was another locker to the side of it, a bit duller in color. It also had similar dents and small markings near the lock. Was there another person? Kaede let curiosity get the best of her; she knew who probably should have just left well alone: for all she knows that person could be her captor, or someone trying to hurt her, but she pushed that thought deep inside. Who knows? Maybe it's just another person in the same situation as her.

She turned the lock of the tin structure, and opened the door cautiously. She took a step back when a boy fell out. He landed with a thud and an "oof."

He looked up at her, his baseball cap obstructing some of his vision. He stammered up and against the locker he was just trapped in. 

"W-who are you?" He stammered, trying to keep the distance between them, even though they were only a few feet distanced from each other.

"I'm Kaede. Kaede Akamatsu, and I could ask you the same thing!" She said defensively, placing her hands on her hips and glaring softly at him. Kaede didn't know whether she should be afraid of this mystery boy or not. He didn't look threatening. If anything he looked just as scared and confused as he did. She relaxed her expression, deciding no, he wasn't going to hurt her.

"I don't know how I got here. Where even is here?" He asked, finally standing up and adjusting his clothes. He looked around a bit, squinting slightly at the sudden exposure to the light.

"I'm not sure. I woke up just before you did." She said, looking around herself. they seemed to be in some strange classroom. It looked old, but also very futuristic. There were overgrown plants and vines. The windows had a bit of barricading on them, but nothing that would obscure the view.

"What's your name?" She finally asked, realizing she didn't ask earlier. 

"Ah- Shuichi Saihara." He responded in the awkward silence surrounding them. 

"We should find a way out of here, or even if there's anymore people here. Who knows how big this place is" the boy concluded. When we walked out of the classroom, it was still that overgrown design. We trusted through the hallways in search of some sort of answer. We didn't know exactly what we were looking for, but we had hopes for something that would steer us in the right direction. When we turned the corner, something In my backpack dinged. Shuichi pulled something out of an inside pocket. It looked like a small iPad. I pulled the same thing out of my bag. It dinged again. A message? *ALL STUDENTS ARE TO REPORT TO THE GYMNASIUM IF THEY HAVE NOT ALREADY* it read.

What in the world? I looked at Shuichi who just returned the expression. The iPad included a map of the building, and we were right. It was huge. We weren't exactly sure how we would learn to navigate the school, but for know what just followed what the map said.

Kaede cautiously pushed the door open with her fingers. It was a lot brighter in the Gym than it was in the darker hallways.

"That's two more people!"

"That makes sixteen."

"Ewwww! A perv!"

"Nishishi, just how many people are going to turn up?"