Chapter 5- Waste The Boy

DISCLAIMER: !DRUNK CHARACTERS

I wasn't too sure how to write drunk people, since I've never gotten drunk myself, but this is just how I imagined it. Also I'm aware the buildup to the drinking isn't written too well, but I wasn't sure how else I was going to write it. Maybe in the future I'll rewrite this chapter?

Enjoy.

Afternoon quickly approached, purple and dark blue tones dripped down the sky making Shuichi shudder. Dark trees that could be seen beyond the caged dome trapping the 16 students in hope of bloodlust and loss of life. Stars creeping up beyond the tree line, the last on sunlight drowning just past the horizon, leaving gold tints to the stars. It was hauntingly beautiful.

Miu's party had started a bit ago, but Shuichi was not enthused to the idea of that much social interaction. He would rather read to himself in the darker part of the library than come any close to Miu's festivities. But he really had no choice.

Kaito, banging on his dorm door, standing by Maki and Kaede who were eagerly waiting for him to come outside. He opened the door wide enough so his face could be seen, eyeing all three of them.

"Come on, dude! It's a party! Lets have fun! We're sick of waiting for you." Kaito said, using his fingers to open the door wider.

Shuichi grumbled. "Then go without me." 

Kaede leaned in front of Maki, staring intently into Shuichi's eyes. "Please, Shuichi? It won't be the same if you're not there." Kaede said, practically begging. Shuichi could never say no to Kaede. As much as he would dread to go to this stupid party that sprung up out of nowhere, if it would make her happy, he'd oblige.

Sighing, he stepped out of his room. "Yay!" Kaito said, lapping his arm around his shoulders, guiding him out of the dorms.

When they entered the AV room, it looked nothing like it did hours prior. If Shuichi snuck off to the library he'd certainly still hear the booming music coming from in here. 

"You guys made it! Finally!" Kokichi said, nagging at them. He pulled them into the middle of the room where the music was the loudest, and let Kaito dance his heart out. Maki, surprisingly, was also seemingly having fun near the snack table. Shuichi was astonished Miu was able to set all of this up in just a couple hours.

Kaede looked up at Shuichi when they backed off from the dancing. "You wanna go sit on that couch?" she asked, pointing behind herself with her thumb. It was a bright orange cough in normal lighting, but because of how dim it was during this party Miu set up, it looked like more of a brown.

"Sure." Shuichi said, letting Kaede guide his hand over to the couch, not sitting too close to make her uncomfortable. Close enough.

They watched the others dance and eat. It was comforting to Shuichi to see others having fun during this Killing Game. Miu soon stormed in with various drinks and more snack options. Kokichi immediately took a bottle of some sort of alcohol and dared people to drink it. How irresponsible.

"Do you want me to get you something to drink?" Kaede soon asked, looking into Shuichi's eyes.

"Ah- sure..." Shuichi asked again. Really it should have been him asking Kaede if she wanted a drink, but he complied just to not make things difficult. Kaede disappeared into the crowd. It was a long time before Shuichi actually got concerned as to where she was.

He fiddled with the rim of his hat, and waited early, growing more concerned with each passing second. What was taking her so long? Was she okay?

Suddenly, a shadow was casted onto Shuichi, and he looked up, somewhat surprised.