Kannada Paata

*Paata: Lesson

"Don't come all the way back just for me, Sweety. I'll finish my work in a couple of days. We can meet some other time." Prabhas tried convincing Anushka over their phone call.

She was driving to Mangaluru with her brothers. Their parents had already reached there the previous week and planned a family get-together.

"Pupsu, Guna is saying something," she giggled connecting her phone to the vehicle's Bluetooth.

"It's not everyday you visit Bengaluru, Prabhas. We're not even an hour away from home yet."

"Oh! I feel terrible for ruining your plan. If I had the slightest idea I wouldn't have called Sweety." The three siblings could hear him sulk being the sweetheart he is.

"No big deal. She can join us a few days later." Sai, her elder brother, consoled.
•—•-•-•—•

The actor's car pulled off on the driveway to the garage at a modest house in the city-centre. A warm invite was offered by exchanging hugs and small talks. Sweety later brewed fresh filter coffee for the three men and herself.

"I am extremely sorry again, I-"

"Come on Prabhas," Guna patted the actor's shoulder rather firmly, "aren't you being a tad too reserved? I would've driven Sweety here even if we were in Puttur. We're seeing you in our city after years!"

Prabhas smiled affectionately. This family was just like his; welcoming, caring and infectiously kind.

"How's your debut in Sandalwood going? Honestly, we're enthralled to see you in Kannada!"

"You know what," the actor guffawed, "it's interesting that I'm debuting in Sweety's language before her!"

"Yeah, totally unexpected!" Anushka exclaimed handing everyone the beverage she'd prepared.
"Prashanth wants him to dub in Kannada saying it'll add value to the cinema."

"You should try! Kannada is not too difficult for people who know either Telugu or Tamil. You speak both languages. Should be an easy learning process."

"But the pronunciations.." he raised his eyebrows shaking his head.

Everyone shared a hearty laughter while discussing the different dialects of Kannada.

"The coffee here is so much more flavoured and aromatic. What's that.. Chikka-"

"Chikkamagaluru, the world-famous coffee plantations. We can take you around. Find time to make a visit to Mangaluru first." Sai Ramesh replied. "You've known us for more than a decade and haven't visited our town yet."

"I definitely will." He eyed Sweety as her brothers shook hands with him before leaving.

"See you soon Sweety and Prabhas. Good luck with the movie. She can teach you Kannada until you're here." The brothers teased with a thumbs up.
•—•-•-•—•

"Mee vaallu asalu. Very nice human beings.

Anushka smiled dragging him into her room.
"Hmm, so now tell me what really brought you here." 

"It's Prashant Neel's birthday today and he had a few things to discuss afterwards."

"That's all?"