Agony of an Alchemist

"Enid, do you know why i called you here?"

"Well–considering how the last time you called me here ended, Principal Bump–I'm not optimistic." Deadpanned Enid.

Principal Bump winced upon remembering the basilisk incident before clearing his throat.

"Uh, no. This is different. You remember the upcoming field trip to the emperor's castle?" Asked Bump in a serious tone.

"The one i specifically asked not to go on?" Asked Enid glaring at Bump with a frown.

Enid knew what this trip was about. It was a trip to the emperor's coven and when the second to last episode of season one happens.

Enid was adamant against interacting with the story. Nothing good for her could come out of it.

"Yes." Deadpanned Bump. "Sadly, you've been invited to the trip...by the emperor's coven."

Enid was about to retort before taking in what she had just heard. "Wait, what?" She asked in confusion.

"They asked specifically for you." Continued Bump calmly. "You should consider it a great hono-"

"Great honor my body's parents! Tell them i refuse!" Demanded Enid angrily as she slammed her hands on Bump's desk. "Nothing good can come out of this!"

"It's the emperor's coven, Enid, my hand are tied. You have to go."

xxXxx

"Ugh, why does this bloody story want me to be part of it?!" Cried Enid angrily. "Why do those guys want me anyways?"

Enid paced around her room angrily as she thought about her situation and what she possibly did to gain the attention of the emperor's coven.

"Hmm, i can't think of anything that could've caused this." Enid put a hand on her chin and racked her brain for anything before a face of horror spread across her face. "Unless...Belos knows about my device."

Enid's heart sank as she thought more and more about the possibility of that witch murdering monster to have found out about her plans.

Before the panic could truly set in, Enid grabbed her eye drops poured a lare amount onto her eyes and face. Her eyes turned yellow as she gained the ability to see glyphs all around her.

"Don't panic. We just need to plan for the worst and hope for the best." Enid said in an ominous tone. "Now, where go begin?"

Enid pulled out four vials that each containing the liquid form of one of the four basic forms of magic.

"I need something to disorient an army of witches. The easiest way? Attack their senses. What else? A way to escape? Portals should work."

Enid began preparing her potions one by one, readying herself for the battle of her life. A battle against the emperor of the boiling isles.

"I'll make that old man regret his decisions."

Little did she know how wrong she was about the identity of her enemy, for the emperor does not even know she even exists.

xxXxx

"All aboard, students."

"Whatever deity that can hear me, please give me strength because if you give me patience; i will definitely not use it." Enid grumbled pinching the bridge of her nose. "If only i wasn't forced to do this."