12. The Untold

Chapter 12

The Untold

"The real danger comes when for the sake of fighting one monster, we create another one"

"Nice speech Royal. I knew you could do it." Kieran tapped over the stacks of papers with scribbled information about the phenomenon. "With these Darya can find out the solution."

"I'm sorry about all that you went through Rin." Amethyst sighed. "Even Royal life isn't easy I guess."

"And hating your family. Feeling alone is everyone's greatest weakness." Agate took a chair and together with Amethyst they cleared up the chairs from the room.

"But he knew how to sway the villagers." Jade smiled. "You know how to deal with stubborn people."

"I was going to start threatening people if they didn't comply." Rin chuckled.

"Strong-arming them is what I would do. That was all your strong suits combined and not only did it sway them, but you wielded their own free will to feel like they were doing the wrong thing by not giving us this information." Kieran said.

Rin shrugged his shoulders. "It's just wordplay."

"What he means to say is..." Jade interrupted. "If you know how to play this game, use it to your advantage. Take your approach to take the districts back, for example. No one said you had to kill all Royals. Take care of few and then finish them off with something like this."

Rin rubbed his neck. "I need a break from all of this."

Amethyst came back into the room. "How about we call it truce with the rest of the villagers and you and then we all have a little party?"

"I'm in." Jade raised her hand.

"I'll go get everything ready then." Amethyst rushed out the door before anyone had any chance of objection.

Rin glanced at Kieran and he just shrugged. "We don't have anything better to do anyway."

When night came, everyone was invited to join. The villagers never missed a good opportunity to have fun. After the heavy day, everyone was willing to relax and forget about their heavy memories. Everyone was hyped up and giddy. The light fire and set different lights on every table. The chairs were positioned towards what seemed like a circle for entertainment. Few couples already seemed to be enjoying themselves dancing and swirling even without music.

Rin and Jade stared at the food like it's been years since they last ate. The tables had creamy warm soups, a bowl of baked potatoes, salads, and nuts. There were seafood dishes everywhere and sauces in each color. The fleshy pink strip of trout was garnished with a dash of red herbs and it was decorated with a side plate of mussels.

There was another grilled trout with lemon, mounds of fragrant wild rice, potatoes in sauce and other dishes that seemed incredible.

Grabbing plates, Jade and Rin attacked the food. Very fast it became crowded.

Amethyst had taken out a few instruments and placed them into one pile. Agate joined him in the circle and beckoned everyone to sit down.

Kieran and Darya showed up and each took a seat.

"How are the children?" Jade asked.

"They are asleep," Darya answered.

"And the cure?" Rin asked.