Luzura, master of the use of glyphs

About 2 hours had passed from when Luz made the fire glyph, it was getting tiring now, drawing out as many glyphs as she had, and the poor books that Hunter had ruined just to give her some paper to draw on were now strewn on the floor.

"Ok I think that's enough glyphs for now, take the book with you just in case but we have to report back to the emperor."

"Oh, alright." Luz snapped the book shut and waited for Hunter to stand up, they both started heading down the hall to a large room, with a big red carpet on the floor leading to a throne at the back of the room, a familiar tall figure slouching on the throne. Luz looked above the throne to see a giant human heart, still beating and a dark shade of green.

"Well? How did training go with Hunter, did you at least get a grasp of basic combat?"

"Nope!" Luz proudly exclaimed. "Instead we found this book that allowed you to use paper to create spells and I learnt quite a few!"

"That's not even remotely close to what I asked you to teach her Hunter, I asked you to give her real combat experience, not mess around with silly paper spells!" The emperor seemed deeply disappointed with Hunter but surprisingly didn't aim any of his words at Luz.

"My apologies emperor, we did try to train her but she wasn't capable of learning any of the attacks that I tried to teach her, so I settled for showing her some older techniques of learning magic." Hunter desperately pleaded with the emperor to listen to him.

The emperor sighed, admitting defeat. "Then I suppose she'll have to pick up on the skills by herself through real experience, in the meantime, It's getting late, Hunter, would you show her to a guest room to stay in for the night?"

The teenage boy sighed. "Yes emperor, I'll show her to a room to stay in." He swivelled on his heel and trudged out of the throne room and down a hall to a series of wooden doors that presumably led to different bedrooms.

"These are the guest rooms, last time I checked that one over there is empty, if you need anything my bedroom is down the hall, just knock on it and I'll come out to help, but also, please don't, I need sleep after today." He slowly walked down the hall to his room and walked in, slamming the door behind him.
Luz quickly rushed to the bedroom she was directed to and slipped inside, luckily she had her camping gear in her bag that she still hadn't taken off and she pulled out the pyjamas inside and slipped them on, she pulled herself into bed and lay there, staring at the ceiling.

Five hours had now passed, Luz was still wide awake, how could she sleep? She had just been transported into a different realm and was now laying in a bed after learning to use magic, of course it was impossible to sleep, however, she didn't want to wake Hunter and instead opted to sit in bed for the rest of the night

Luz glanced over at the window in the disappointingly blank room to see light creeping through the blinds, it was now the morning, she checked her phone, almost 6 in the morning, she groaned and slipped out of bed, she peeked through her bedroom door to see Hunter, fully dressed with an impatient look on his face. "Human! Feeling lazy? That's not an option if you want to become an emperor's coven member! Now get on your uniform and follow me to the courtyard, I have to teach you basic patrol."

"Uniform? I only have my clothes from yesterday and a few changes of clothes!"

"I meant the spare guard's uniform in the wardrobe, I expect you to be ready in 2 minutes." He slammed the door. Luz grabbed the uniform and put it on, only questioning the oddly shaped bird helmet and needing assistance from Hunter to get it on.

Once done, Hunter led Luz outside to near a giant gate. "This is where you are posted, you do not leave this spot under any circumstances unless told to or if there is an intruder at a different base and assistance is needed." Luz trudged to her post and stood there, still tired from not sleeping last night.

About an hour had passed and Luz was getting bored, her standing still in the same spot had tired her and she was now sitting in a grass patch, picking at the grass idly as she passed the time.

A distant crackling sound made her alert, shooting up to her feet and swivelling her head around to hear the source of the noise. A few seconds of silence passed and she dismissed the noise, turning back around to her post.

A deafening crash right behind her sounded, she was just about to spin around to defend herself when she felt a cold, thin, clammy hand on her shoulder, the grip on her shoulder was painfully tight as she heard a low, threatening voice sound behind her, it was a woman, sounding middle aged but still incredibly pissed off.

"Where the hell is Owlbert?"