the owl lady

"Where the hell is Owlbert?" The voice growled, impatient and crackling with malice, Luz turned to look at the source of the voice, confused as to who this Owlbert is, she looked up and saw a tall, looming woman with bushy grey hair and fiery orange eyes, the air seemed to be radiating electricity as the stare that the lady gave her pierced her soul, face twisted in rage.

"Well, where is he? I know that scumbag emperor has something to do with this since my portal closed on me!"

"W-who's Owlbert?" Luz managed to stutter out, the lady immediately detecting the fear laced in her voice.

"Ugh! of course the dumb castle guard doesn't know what I'm talking about! I'm going to speak to the boss here." The woman spat the words at Luz and with a flash was gone from sight, the hand that Luz hadn't realised had been holding her up disappeared and she collapsed to her knees, still in shock of what had just happened.

"Human! What happened here? I heard a loud noise and rushed here as soon as I could!" Hunter's concerned voice rang out as he ran to the aid of the shaking girl, still sitting in the same spot. Luz was at a loss for words and still hadn't recovered from the experience, all she could do was let out a choked sob, leaning into the still confused Hunter as she tried to process what happened.

About ten minutes of Luz crying into the boy's arms had passed until he shook her to make her look into his eyes. "What happened? What was that loud noise? Why are you crying? What's this weird squeezing thing you're doing to me?" Luz looked down and let go of the tight grip she had on the boy, opening her mouth to speak before a loud crash sounded from the castle, a gaping hole had been blown into the wall and the same familiar sound of crackling energy was heard as a blur passed out of the castle, too quick to focus on as it quickly moved out of sight. Both teens were left dumbfounded staring at the hole in the wall as they spotted a familiar figure poking his head out of the hole, a dishevelled, slightly worse for wear Emperor Belos.

~~~~~another time skip because idk how to continue it from this point~~~~~

About ten minutes had passed since the attack on the castle by the mysterious lady, and the construction coven had been called in to help rebuild the giant section of the castle that was destroyed, Luz had been sent by Hunter to get cleaned up as she was still a mess from the sobbing fit she had just been through, although the boy was still confused about the tight hold she had put him in, it felt almost, comforting, he shook the thought from his head and left the patrol post Luz was guarding to check on the emperor.

After a few minutes of walking down the halls he reached the throne room, where a slightly beaten up emperor was sitting, head leaning on one hand while the other looked down in disappointment at his now broken mask, cracked in half with one of the horns gone. He looked up and saw Hunter, looking at him, concerned. "Was that her? The owl lady? Why was she here?" The emperor looked at Hunter with an annoyed look on his face.

"The owl lady was here to attack me, she didn't try to kill me but she seemed upset about her palisman, I told her I don't know anything about the palisman but I assume she was talking about the small owl creature which found it's way in here the other day."

Hunter looked at him with a deep rooted fear in his eyes. "You killed the palisman of one of the most powerful witches on the isles? She's going to come back at some point, maybe to kill you next time!" 

"That's why I want her captured and sent to the conformatorium." He responded casually.

"Are you sure I can handle her in a fight? She's way more powerful than me!" Hunter spat out, wide eyed.

"I believe you are capable of doing it, but I want you to take a small task force to help capture her, maybe take the human, she could learn something from it."

Hunter looked back at him, terrified, but he knew the emperor wouldn't budge on the subject.

"Yes emperor Belos."

"Good, good, the titan will be pleased to see you fulfil your true potential." He said, assuringly.

Hunter trudged out of the battle-worn throne room to find Luz and some other guards.

"Hey Hunter! I'm all cleaned up now, should I return to my post?"

"No, follow me, we have a mission to get to, just need to get some more troops."

once the duo and a few other guards had gathered in a small meeting room, Hunter walked over and slammed his hands hard on the table. "We have a mission to get to! Here's the plan, we need to capture the owl lady an-" Hunter was stopped by a chorus of protests from the rest of the group, everyone chiming in about how they couldn't do that and that it was too dangerous, slowly filing out of the room, leaving Hunter and Luz standing there alone to plan the attack by themselves. 

"I guess that leaves just you and me to capture the owl lady. Wait. Who's the owl lady?" Luz still wasn't sure why she was here.

"The owl lady was the woman who attacked the castle today, and now we have to capture her ourselves." Hunter replied in a dead voice, still mildly upset with the rest of the guards that left.