Real fun

Luz' sleep was interrupted by Hunter bursting into her room. She jumped up in shock and cried out.

"Wakey wakey Human!" He yelled.

"I'm awake, I'm awake! What was that for?" She yelled, wrapping herself in her duvet and gesturing toward the door, almost off it's hinges, Hunter twirled his staff and it was repaired immediately.

"You are late. Very late! And you wouldn't answer the fifteen times I knocked on your door." Luz' eyes widened and she tried to jump out of bed, but flopped over in exhaustion. Hunter's expression changed. "Hey, how did you get that mark?"

"Huh? What mark?"

"The one on your face?" Luz reached for her face and felt a searing pain on her cheek, she reached for her phone and checked the reflection on the screen, seeing a big, purple bruise on it. She jumped back and yelped in pain. "How do you not notice something like that?" Hunter asked. Luz shrugged, confused as well. She shooed Hunter out of her room and slowly got changed, she still somehow felt drained even though she got a full night of sleep.

"Are you ready?"

"No."

"Alright, come on." Hunter dragged her out and set her on a patrol through Bonesborough, she sluggishly slumped over on her staff and let it carry her over to the town, she landed and tiredly walked through, wondering how she was so tired, she went to sleep at a reasonable time, and how did she get that bruise? Her train of thought was interrupted by a scream, Luz turned and saw a young man, presumably in his twenties, wide eyed, stumbling over a rock and turning to run.

Nobody else seemed to understand his terror and ignored it, Luz figured that if he was so scared of a coven guard, then he probably committed a crime, so she set off clumsily running after him. She had the man cornered in an alleyway and pulled out her staff.

"Alright, what did you do to be so scared of me?"

"S-stay away from me! Don't kill me please!" He stuttered out and shrank against the wall. Luz tilted her head in confusion.

"Huh? Why would I kill you?"

"You monster! Don't act like you don't know! I've seen you!" He pointed an accusing finger at her.

"Know what? You're being really confusing." She took a step forward and he yelped again, throwing a pebble from the ground at her, it bounced harmlessly against her thick uniform and she looked at him confused again, Luz was about to speak again before he drew a spell circle and shot up into the sky, disappearing into the distance, the girl raised her finger in opposition, before deciding that she was too tired for this.

After a while later of patrolling town, Luz zoned out and wandered aimlessly, still half asleep. She hit someone as she walked and turned to apologise, before seeing a familiar green ponytail, an angry one. Luz reached out her hand to help the Blight girl up, her hand was slapped away and Amity pushed herself up, an embarrassed frown on her face, muttering before walking away.

"Dumb human." Luz was about to apologise again but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder.

"You gonna let her get to you like that?" She spun around and saw an older boy, with darker green hair towering over her, a wide grin on his face, Luz noticed another teen, about the same age as the first one, standing next to the boy, she looked the same as him, but with longer hair. Luz stuttered and stumbled back.

"Wait, who are you?"

"We're Amity's older siblings. I'm Emira, and that's Edric." The girl replied with a grin. She put her hand on Luz' other shoulder, mirroring Edric. "Why are you trying to reason with Mittens? We're way more fun." She flashed Luz a smile and winked, Luz chuckled nervously from behind her mask.

"Sorry, I'm on duty, can't talk!" She turned and ran off, forgetting her fatigue for a second. The rest of her patrol, albeit a bit dull, was easy to handle for her tired self. Luz checked the time and figured she could head back to the castle.

Luz landed at the castle and slipped into her room, closing the door and flopping onto her bed, she quickly fell asleep, forgetting to change from her uniform or even put her staff away, letting it slip out of her hand and clatter to the floor.

The next morning, Luz woke up, springing up with the regular energy that she usually had, she leapt up and was about to change before she looked down and noticed her uniform already on, the girl sighed and straightened it out, heading out to get ready for work, she walked out of her room and Hunter noticed her, commenting on her appearance.

"Hey, you actually get some sleep last night? Maybe next time you could also get a change of clothes, when was the last time you washed those?"

"Erm, good question." Luz answered honestly.

"Are you sure you actually slept?"

"Yeah, why?" Hunter looked at her with a confused stare before replying.

"It's your annual day off! We don't count sick days and missing days as holidays, enjoy!" Hunter patted her on the back and gave her a thumbs up before returning to work, leaving the human stand there, dumbfounded.

Luz returned to her room and changed into her normal clothes, not wanting to seem out of place in her normal clothes compared to all the other guards, she opted for jumping out of the window again and flew off to town. After another minute of flying Luz landed and stopped, she had no idea what she actually could do for fun, she didn't have any money from working in the coven so she was pretty much stuck on what to do, luckily her rescue came when she heard a familiar voice from behind her.

"Hey! Isn't that the girl Mittens hates?" Luz turned and saw the familiar Blight twins, she waved and gave them a warm smile which they returned, stepping towards her and closing the distance in less than a second. "You wouldn't happen to be working at the moment?"

"Um, no actually, I'm free for the day." The twins exchanged a mischievous smile between them that Luz watched, unknowingly. The two then grabbed the human's arms, lifting her up and rushing her off. The younger teen didn't resist and accepted her fate. The twins carried Luz away, making her feel weightless as they stopped in front of a big building, the twins let go of her, letting her on her feet as she stared at the building in front of her, it was a library, Luz' eyes sparkled and she marvelled at it.

"Woah! That's big."

"Wanna have some real fun?" Luz nodded and was brought into the library, the first thing the twins did was walk up to a set of lockers, they had faces and a big sign saying DO NOT FEED sat above them, the twins flashed each other a grin and Edric pulled an old book from the shelf, blowing on it, the dust was launched towards the lockers, they all sneezed simultaneously and launched various assorted papers out at them, eventually, after messing around a bit longer in the library, the three were caught and subsequently kicked out, the group chuckled to each other and departed.