plan of attack

"W-what?" Luz looked back at Hunter, terrified. "We can't beat her, not in a million years! She even posed a threat to Belos! What chance do we have?"

"She must be weakened already by her reckless use of magic, she just flew hundreds of miles without using a staff, that uses up a lot of energy, plus, she's an old woman with grey hair, and I'm an experienced fighter, I could probably do it without you, not to mention the curse she has." he replied dryly.

"Curse? What possible curse could someone like her have that she couldn't deal with herself?"

"Apparently her magic abilities are fading and overusing them turn her into some sort of unintelligent beast with no magical ability, she'll have overused them already, now the hard part is getting her to use them again to get her to tip." He explained, annoyed now about the girl's lack of faith in him.

"Well alright, if you say so."

"Get ready then, we need to set off soon."

She hurried off as Hunter wiped some sweat from his brow, unwilling to admit how scared he was of the mysterious owl lady.

 About half an hour had passed since the meeting had been called and Hunter was now waiting expectantly on his staff as Luz eyed it suspiciously.

"That thing isn't gonna carry anybody, what are you expecting from a flimsy stick like that?"

"Did you not pick up on the concept of magic here? It's kind of a theme here." The boy insisted, irritated by the reluctance to follow him.

"Oh yeah, that makes sense." She felt dumb and just hopped onto the staff to avoid any more embarrassment, shrieking at the sudden velocity they reached in under a second.

"Whelp, we're here, hop off." he waited for a second before turning around, seeing the terrified girl clinging onto him and wrapping her legs tightly around the staff, eyes tightly shut and face completely pale, on the verge of throwing up.

"Hey if you're gonna do it get off now! I don't want vomit on my staff! They're a bitch to clean!" He yelled, shoving her off and watching in disgust as she tripped over a bush and hurled all over the grass in the forest they landed in, she crouched there, still recovering for a second before wiping her mouth with her sleeve and turning around to look at her surroundings, they were in a dark forest area with a small opening, from the opening you could see a house, a big wooden house with a giant, circular stained glass window that resembled an eye, and a raggedy wooden door with a knocker that resembled a cartoony owl, but the face was slack, eyes closed and snoring.

"Is that door... alive?"

"Unfortunately, yes, a troop that we had tried to storm the house and catch the owl lady but the entire troop was defeated, decimated by that... owl thing." He eyed the door cautiously, trying to detect any signs of movement in case it awoke.

"King, what do I do? Owlbert was my palisman, my partner in crime! And now he's gone and I can't get him back!" Eda sobbed, burying her face in a pillow while clutching a bottle of apple blood tightly in her hand, the other squeezing a small demon, clearly uncomfortable.

"Can't you just make another palisman? I don't know how this works!" the demon squeaked out, not knowing how to respond to the woman's emotions.

"Owlbert was special! I carved him with my dad! You can't replace him!" She shrieked, outraged by King's suggestion. She sobbed into the pillow, muttering choked threats against the emperor, eventually falling asleep in a drunken state, with the young demon eventually slipping asleep on the sofa with her.

"Ok, the plan is to get in through the back door, avoiding the monstrosity of a door on the way in, afterwards, you throw down some of your paper thingies to distract and tire her out, while I work on a containment spell. Got it?"

"Yep!" Luz replied, enthusiastic about their chances.

"Alright. Let's do this quietly so she doesn't expect us coming, got it?" He whispered back, ready to seize the owl lady, ending her reign of shops without permits and hocuses with no pocuses.

The young duo crept to the back of the towering house, cautious as to not wake the sleeping house demon, Hunter crept up to the back door, slipping it open quietly, Luz brandished her glyphs, ready to use them in a frenzy at a moments notice, she crouched down and crept through the house, finally stopping at a doorway to see a familiar old lady, slumped over on the couch, clutching a small sleeping... dog? Whatever it was, and a bottle of an odd red liquid, dripping out of the bottle onto the carpet, staining it. Luz turned and slipped away to Hunter, who was examining the kitchen.

"She's asleep."

"What do you mean she's asleep? I had a whole plan for how we would take her down in an epic battle and I could bring her back, proud of how I took down the owl lady! I could finally be recognised by Belos as competent! Can't she wake up or something!" Hunter hissed, still keeping his voice low as to not wake the sleeping woman.

"No! I cannot just 'wake her up'! Let's just grab her and go!" Luz whispered back, irritated by the stupid suggestion the boy just made.

"Ugh! Fine, I'll cast a spell to keep her asleep whilst we carry her away."

Luz nodded, satisfied by Hunter giving into reason. They both crept into the living room, still brandishing glyphs and staff in case she woke up, luckily she was still asleep, muttering something about how she never should have let him go by himself. Hunter cast a glowing circle, making the lady glow a faint shade of pink, Luz lifted the weird dog thing and placed him gently on the floor, Hunter cast another spell and the lady was lifted up and left hovering behind the staff, both teens hopped on, Luz gripping tightly enough on the staff to make her knuckles white and they sped off in the opposite direction of the house.

should I slow down making these? I feel like they would be better written or planned out if I spent more time thinking about them and where I really want this to go.