Chap 34: The Fourteenth Target (part 3)

They goes to Aquacrystal on Tokyo Bay, where's the number nine is. It was an invitation from Asahi Katsuyoshi to Sawaki Kouhei. They actually visiting Sawaki-san to tell him that he would a victim on Murakami list. They asked what his plan for today and he said that he was invited by Asahi-san to his restaurant to work with him.

Kazuto realize the name of Asahi had the meaning of nine and he told this to Megure and the others. So they decided to go there with Sawaki to meet with this Asahi person. Megure want Ran and Kazuto to go home but Ran refused and stubbornly said they go with them.

That's the starting of the fight between father and daughter. When their arrive, they meet the others that got invitation from Asahi. Osanai Nana, a popular model. Nishina, the essayist. Shishido Eimei, the cameraman and the foreigner Peter Ford. Kazuto then again realize that the other four had a number in their name.

Nishina remember Ran when they met at the interviewer and shamelessly said a pickup line at Ran in front of everyone. Kazuto in annoyed give a glare at him, Nishina of course notice and asked her if Kazuto is her boyfriend and the two blushing red and denied that they weren't in that kind of relationship.

They suppose to met Asahi on three o'clock, when the time comes they took the monorail. The restaurant is an underwater restaurant with the view of fishes swimming around and there was a Ferrari F-40 were displayed in the middle of the restaurant.

Time skip...

After Megure explain everything about the case while Shiratori, Kogoro and Kazuto looking around to find any suspicious. After the three came back and confirming that they didn't find anything, Shishido-san suddenly said that he is number six. When Nana-san asked him why, he explain that 'Shishi' is mean six and everyone realize that he was right.

Kazuto also told them that the other three have numbers in their names. He explain that Nana-san mean seven, Nishina-san means two and Ford-san means four in English. Kogoro now realize the only number is not here is three and one, but Megure told him that there was someone with the name of three and the shocking is that it was Shiratori with his given name is Ninzaburou and zabu means three.

But there wasn't anyone with them that had number one in their name, but Ran told them that Shinichi name has one in it and give it a glance at Kazuto. Megure asking if Shinichi is coming here but Ran said no and somehow had a feeling. While she said so, she give a glance at Kazuto again and make sure anyone won't notice. Of course Kazuto noticed that and give assure smiled at her.

Time skip...

After that there was an attack that directed to Sawaki-san when they were checking the wine at the wine cellar. After that, they decided to leave the building but before they go, Nana-san spotted the body of Asahi-san floating in the sea already dead. The next thing is the door and elevator were locked and the exit door were blocked by the cement and the phone line was cut.

This make everyone in slight panic, Nishina and Nana quickly blame Kogoro for making them involved.

The next target is Nana-san, and everyone decide to look around except Nana, Ran and Kazuto. Then suddenly the power were out, and Nana-san were in panic. Kazuto eyes widened when he saw the nail of Nana-san is glowing and he realize that it was luminous paint in her nail.

With him had a cat trait, he had a night vision and he saw everything what happened. He saw who the real culprit is, when he notice the culprit is already behind Nana-san with a knife ready to stab her, he quickly reacted. He use his extraordinary speed and pulled Nana-san closer to him, but he wasn't fast enough to avoid the knife resulting him to grazed himself on his left shoulder. He didn't have a chance to catch the culprit that already run away.