Chap 37: Haibara Ai

Ai accepted the favor from Shizuku and the girl was happy to know that and thanks her. After that, they having a comfortable conversation with each other.

"Talking about Kudou-kun, I'm heard that he goes to Teitan Elementary school to cover his life as six years old kid, is that true?" state Ai curious, her wariness is gone after getting to know more about Shizuku.

Shizuku was munching the cookies, tilted her head cutely like a confused puppy, making the sisters cooed at her inwardly. She nodded confirming Ai information, Ai hummed in thought after that. Her sister and Shizuku saw this, "What's wrong, Ai-chan? You were thinking something hard there," asked Mikoto to her little sister.

Ai look up at her sister and there was a blush on her face, shy all of sudden. "N-Nothing, just...should I'll got to? You know like to cover up age act," said her look sheepish. Mikoto and Shizuku blinked at her but then act back into normal. Shizuku is the one that said her opinion "Well, if you really wanted to. Acting like a proper child is hard, you know. With how you been living all this time like a true adult and you have to mature early than normal child should be and already know how hard this world is. But it's okay if you want to start over, I know that since you were little, you can't have a friend or living a normal life like a normal people do. So I think you can give it a try and live the way you want and tried to have fun, I'll give a support for you whenever you need me. Okay?"

The two sisters look at her gasped in awe at her speech, totally moved. Ai already have her tears flow like a rain on her cheek and Mikoto pulled her into a hug when she saw her little sister cried for the first they manage to get out from the organization.

Shizuku just smiled softly at them and leave the two sisters with their emotion, after Ai finally calm down and wiped her tears, she turn to Shizuku and nodded "I want to give it a try, maybe I can look after Kudou-kun at the school to make sure he didn't get any trouble," said her determined.

Shizuku smiled gently at her feeling grateful that there was someone willing to look after her brother when she's not around. "Thank you Ai-san, for willing to look after Nii-san for me," said her grateful and give a warm smile at the girl.

The girl has pink tint on her cheek, looking sheepish "W-Well, I need to know my test subject, do I? It was no problem to me," announce her with flush still on her cheek. Mikoto and Shizuku snicker at the girl snarky remark.

Then Shizuku remember something, she turn to Mikoto and then at Ai "Then, I have another request for you two."

XXXXX

The request is about living with Professor Agasa to make sure he keep his health intact. When the two sister live with the older man for about a week, they know what Shizuku was trying to do. They saw how unhealthy the professor daily meal and his life routine is, the older man is already in a late fifty but still didn't settle down with married or have a child on his own and keep busying himself with invention.

The older man didn't even care about his health despite his age, eating the high calories food, his late night sleep or something that would give an obesity.

Ai felt like she can't leave the older man alone and let him continue his usual life, she decide to stay with him for that reason and it's a good thing that the house is near the school. There was other reason why she decide to stay with the professor other than her sister, actually.

It because the professor house had a basement in his house that it's easy for her to do the research about the antidote there since she need the isolate place to do her work and make sure no one know about her research except her sister, Shizuku and professor or maybe Kudou-kun when he get her trust. Another reason is, when she know that the Kudos keep so many cats in their house, she was delighted and satisfied of the cat house their make for the cats.