1: Time's Up

(A/n)

I couldn't for this chapter, but in my future one's expect to see  my own drawings for some scenes or characters. Though I have to warn you, I'm not that good so......yeah.

Keep your expectations low, for the both of us please.

(Don't own the image above by the way, if it wasn't obvious)

Hope you enjoy!

——————————————————————————

3rd POV

London, England: 1928

The sound of gunshots echoed out from a dark alleyway and into the night. Only muffled by the rain pouring over the city, a group of men gave chase as they aimed their firearms at the figure ahead of them. Just as they pulled their triggers, the figure ducked and rolled around the corner, barely avoiding their bullets. A few grunts came from the men as they grew annoyed at their failed attempts. Rounding the corner, the group of men came to a halt when they noticed it was a dead end.

"Tch! Damn, we lost her!"

One of the men growled out while the others scanned the area with clear suspicion. With three stone brick walls surrounding the alleyway that had no windows, it didn't seem possible for their target to have seemingly disappeared. Which meant that they were still here, something that they all came to understand when they noticed the vast number of crates and barrels.

"Are you an idiot? She's obviously still here. Start checking the area."

The supposed leader of the group ordered while wiping the rain off of his face. The other five men nodded their heads in acknowledgement before carefully searching the area. With their lanterns in their hands as their only light source, they continued to search around for several minutes only to find no trace of their target.

"Aye, it's like she vanished out of thin air!"

The same man from before yelled with clear frustration in his voice. His partner, who was starting to grow annoyed by him, pushed passed him while bumping his shoulder. Earning him a glare that he ignored, he lifted his lantern while eyeing the windows above suspiciously.

"Oh, could you please listen to yourself?! She's a slippery one, I'll give her that, but she ain't magic!"

"Really now? Then explain how the bloody hell we haven't found a sliver of hair. For all we know, she could've turned to a bird and flew away!"

"Or turned to a rat and returned to the sewers where she belongs!"

Another man, far more cocky and older than the two, joked while nudging their arms. Lowering his lantern to light the floor, they could see inside of the nearby sewage drain that had rats scrambling to avoid the light.

The three men chuckled at the small joke before they stopped when the sound a bullet whizzing past between the them caused them to freeze in place. Slowly turning their heads to the perpetrator, they flinched at the cold gaze that they were receiving. Something within those eyes seemed different to them, but they didn't have the courage to bring it up.The leader of the search group snarled at them while still aiming his revolver at them, smoke barely visible coming from the muzzle.

"If you three blokes are done yapping, I would appreciate it if you got back to searching!"

Without another word, they snapped back around and got back to doing what they were told. Releasing an irritated huff of breath, the leader of the group dropped his arm to his side before walking towards his more competent subordinates. Taking notice of his arrival, the two remaining men gestured for him to follow.