Chapter 1

Theo's POV

"Come on, sis. It will be fun! You can finally meet your niece." My sister tries to convince me over the phone.

"Fine." I roll my eyes as she cheers. "I'm only doing it to meet my niece. Klaus has already turned me into a hybrid, I don't want him to do anything else to ruin my life."

"You can stay away from Niklaus. Just please." Hayley pleads.

"I already said yes. I'll be there soon." I tell her.

"Thank you. I love you." Hayley says.

"Love you too, sis. Bye." I hang up and start packing my things from my small apartment.

I don't own a lot of things because I've been traveling so I can fit it all into two bags.

I lock my apartment behind me as I walk to the train station.

When I get my ticket, I wait for the train to come. I quickly board it and get a seat, putting a bag on my lap and my other one between my feet.

During the train ride, I just put my headphones in and listen to music.

"Stop for New Orleans." The intercom goes off, I stand and walk to a door, waiting for it to open.

After I get out of train station, I begin to walk towards the Mikaelson Compound.

When I arrive, I sigh and knock on the door of the familiar place.

The door opens and I see a familiar man in a suit, "Hey, Elijah." I say with a forced smile.

"Theodore." He nods before stepping aside and letting me in.

I take a deep breath before stepping in. "Hayley!" Elijah calls and I hear footsteps before my little sister rounds the corner and looks at me.

"Theo!" She shouts and runs into my arms, I quickly drop my bags and catch her.

"Hey, sis." I whisper in her ear.

We haven't seen each other in 3 years. I feel my neck start to get wet. "Hey it's okay." I whisper as I rub her back.

"Where is my niece?" I ask her and she smiles widely before pulling away and running upstairs.

I smile as I watch my little sister run upstairs to get Hope. "What's with the yelling?" I hear someone say and I look over to see Kol and a women walking over.

"Ah Theo!" Kol says as he hugs me and I smile.

"Hey, Kol." I say before I turn to the women. "I'm Theodore Marshall. You can call me Theo." I say as I offer her my hand and she smiles, taking it.

"Davina Claire. Kol's girlfriend." She says and I smile.

"Nice to meet you." I tell her and she nods, letting go of my hand.

We talk for a while in the living room before I see my sister walk in with a child in her hands. I smile and stand up, walking over. "Hi." I whisper to Hope and she giggles at me. (She's around 9 months to a year)

"This is your Aunt Theo." Hayley whispers and offers me Hope, I gently take her into my arms and she giggles.

"Wow, you're so small." I say with a breathlessly laugh and Hayley chuckles.

Hope reaches up and starts playing with my hair, I smile at her.

"M-Ma" Hope tries to say and she slaps her hands, giggling loudly.

"Can you say Theo?" I whisper to her and she claps excitedly.

"Th-th" Hope attempts.

"She hasn't said anything yet." Hayley tells me and I smirk at her.