HBCU Love - Part Two

The Friday After

Y/N -

Naveah -

Naveah -

It was the next Friday and I had a somewhat busy day today

It was the next Friday and I had a somewhat busy day today. I chose to go get some food off campus before I had my big interview with the new baseball commit.

As I stood in line at Chipotle, waiting to order and I turned my head when I seen a familiar face walk in with a couple of his teammates and a couple of other girls. "Wasssupppp Y/N." Shedeur said coming up to me and I noticed one of those girls on his ass. I internally scoffed and just waved before turning around to order. I ordered my usual barbacoa bowl with no beans, white rice, lettuce, roasted corn salsa, fajita vegetables, sour cream, cheese and added my usual side of chips. I kept glancing back at the co ed group that he was in and he was paying me no attention. Shaking my head in disappointment, I paid for my food and headed towards the door. "Oh by the way, I moved my party to tonight! See you there!" Shedeur yelled as I walked out to my car. I looked down at my phone and it was 1:45, meaning I had no time to eat and make it to my interview on time. At that time I just decided to head back to campus so I can at least make it to the training room gym on time so off we go.

"Do you know where I can find DeMonte Carrington?" I asked one of the athletes that were working out and he just shook his head. "Great. Nobody knows this guy and I ju-" I began to whisper to myself before being interrupted. "You looking for me?" I turned around to see the Waffle House boy from last night. We both looked at each other the same way and then laughed a little bit. "I should've known when you said you committed here. I don't know why it didn't cross my mind." I said walking closer to him. "I think it's great we found each other again, especially since I never got your name last night." DeMonte looked at me with a sly little smile and I just looked at him in his eyes before snapping out of it, "Okay let's get this interview started. I know you probably have plans for the rest of the day." "I actually don't. Do you?" He asked me as we began to walk to a quiet study room in a different section of the building. "Uhh yea. I'm going to Shedeur Sanders' birthday party tonight. You should totally come if you're not busy." I suggested with enthusiasm. "It'll introduce you to JSU for real." He just put his hands up in surrender before telling me he'll see what he can do.