42

CHAPTER 42

"You're going to work for me and promise me that you will not..." he emphasizes the urgency of his words by giving gravity to it. "I'm telling you, do not go out unless you're with me. You don't get anywhere without me, and especially do not ever go with someone even if they told you I sent them to get you. If ever I will have someone to pick you up, I will call you right away to let you know. "

"What about the groceries?"

"I will get them for you or with you."

"What if I need to get personal things?"

"Tell me and I will get it delivered for you and confirm it by myself. Or I will go and get it with you."

"What do you mean I'll have to tell you all about my personal things? What if I needed some toys for myself, I can't just go and tell that to someone else!" she puffed her cheeks and chuntered, "Personal things are called personal for a reason..."

Y/n didn't hear any retort from Toji which made her curious since he's usually unyielding, but when she looked at his way she saw him covering his mouth, his brows are uncomfortably knitted together and he's facing the other way.

"What's your problem?" she creased her brows from perplexity.

"I-If you really want... you don't have to buy those petty things. If you w-want... I'm just here..." Toji managed to stammer his words out even though his tone was decreasing drastically from the first word to the last.

Although Y/n heard it all, she was completely baffled by his statement. Until she saw the tint of redness on his cheeks that he's trying to hide behind his hands. This causes her face to erupt as well, making her a stuttering mess while literally shouting incoherent words of explanation, "I-I didn't m-mean it that way! I was just... I swear! T-Toys like... like playstation! Yes! You can't share a playstation because of... viruses and bacteria! It's not some adult toy!"

"Oh..." Toji blinked his eyes innocently as his shoulders fell when he realized that they were not talking about the same thing, thus he cleared his throat and performed an act of dominance once again. "I see... so that's what it is"

Y/n nodded her head vigorously with her face still red from embarrassment, "Yes, it is. It is!"

"Well then, I will get you that playstation... since it can't be shared I will have Yuta— Noritoshi delivered it to you here." He said while tapping on his phone.

Y/n's demeanor suddenly changed from embarassed to something worse from being bored, "Then I am just a prisoner here~" she whined.

Toji can tell that this woman is not the type that he will easily tame, "But at least you get paid by doing nothing." Toji stated nonchalantly, eyes still on the phone.

"Yep, that's it. Now I am liking this conversation," Y/n –who has a cat-like smile—agreed to him.

"Okay, then. Will 10,000 yen be enough for a day?"

"Hey, don't be so stingy! You're a multi-millionaire, slash that, multi-billionaire!" the h/c-haired woman huffed at him. "At least double that price."

Toji could only sigh and scratch the back of his neck as he returned the phone to his pocket, not because he's having a problem with money but because of her capabilities regarding this stuff, "I don't think doubling that price is reasonable."

"What? Why? I am good at cleaning and watering plants." She held her determined look on her face.

"Because according to my informants, you've messed up a lot in my uncle's house. You even broke a vase that was made during the Taisho era, do you know how much that cost?" Toji creased his brows at her.