65

People began to scream and scurry away from the scene but there were those who remained loyal to each other's side. Butlers, guards, and securities stood tall along their respected heads with nothing but their easy-to-forget names. However, the only head who was fighting was Naobito Zenin.

"Fushiguro. Tonight there is no Fushiguro or Zenin pact." Naobito growled, the tighter he clenched the grip of his gun the harder his jaw grind. "And right now, we are just two separate clans with no laws binding us. So, as a father of the child you've used, I can do this."

He fired a series of shots and was followed by his men. The ends of the barrels of their guns sparked from the heat and friction as both sides ratted each other.

Mai pushed the screaming Naoya under the table as the shoot out arose. She held him close to her, trying to lull him while calling Maki, "Where the fuck are you?! It's raining bullets!" she yelled on her phone.

"Go somewhere safe!" Maki yelled from the other line as she cleaned her things up. She can hear the guns firing from the background which made her tense up. Her hands were shaking and lips were trembling, she was inserting her laptop in her bag but her hands were hindering her.

"There is nowhere safe, fucker! If there is, they would have taken Naoya there." Mai hung up the phone and decided to join the riot. She got her gun and fired at guys who were getting close to them.

She had her pistol with her with nothing but five bullets and an extra so technically all she could do was to stop 6 men from going near them. She painfully scoffed at her deduction, "Six out of, how many? A hundred?"

She looked at Naoya hopelessly, "I guess I should've brought more ammo." Thus, she ran ahead but before she could take a second step, a hand on her wrist stopped her.

"Don't go! Don't leave!" It was Naoya, begging her not to go. "You'll get hurt!"

Mai was usually annoyed by men begging about something because to her that's another way to lower yourself. But now that she can see Naoya begging her to stay, a thought goes through in her mind that maybe, just maybe, those who beg were ready to crawl for someone else's sake.

She halted from her tracks and kneeled in front of him, "Here hold this." She gave him a gun with 3 bullets in. "If someone you don't know got near you, shoot them." Her voice was calm yet her demeanor was in a hurry. She tried not to show him any hint of emotion but, Naoya was not dumb not to notice.

There was no guarantee that after this night, they'll see tomorrow. "Stay by Naobito's side." And she ran ahead.

"Mai!"

On the other side of the uproar, everyone was thinking and doing the same thing. Shoot till the other side surrenders. No one remembers how it began and all they had to do was aim and pull the trigger if they wanted to survive.

"What the hell happened? Who the fuck provoke Naobito like that?!" Megumi roared to the person beside him as he continued fighting with an armalite. He had some gushes and his clothes were soiled.

"I don't know, but if I really get a hold of the neck of whoever did that, I'll strangle him to death!" A girl with brown hair and had the same gun replied. "Because of them we're in this hell and the pact was cut."

"We have to stop, we can't be doing this shit. It'll go around the world. We have to talk to Naobito."

"Tell that to the person who provoked him. Now that the tiger has awakened, I don't think he'll stop until he has his meal." Tsumiki Fushiguro groaned as a bullet flew past her cheek which grazed her skin in the process.