The Trial

Izuku and Aizawa walk out first, they're lawyers stand and pull out their chairs as a sign of respect and professionalism. Izuku's eyes dart around the courtroom, meeting his classmates' eyes and his papa's they gave him a small nod. Izuku sits keeping his head down as the door opens once more.

"Oh my baby, Izuku..." Inko says as she is shushed by the guards that bring her in and place her next to her lawyer. She takes a seat, and Aizawa shoots daggers with his eyes while placing one of his hands on Izuku's legs and gives a little squeeze. 

With that Izuku looks up, not towards his mom, no never again will he call her his mother or even look at her. He is ready and yet there is a twinge of fear in his stern complexion. The what-ifs float in his head almost making his heart beat out of his chest, but the weight placed on his leg keeps him grounded. He is ready, this is going to be over very soon.

The trail starts easy, some passers-by, some cops, and the paramedics all answer questions from the lawyers. All describe a scene, one Izuku has tried not to remember. His fingers dig into his hand as he tries to breathe as the words become images in his mind. Before his mind was overtaken he felt another squeeze on his leg.

 The pressure was then removed and his hands were being pulled out of their fist shape. Izuku looked up from the floor, almost completely forgetting who was with him and where he was. As soon as he saw the eyes of the man he calls his father, he started to breathe a little easier.

That was until the next witness was called, his other dad, Hizashi Yamada. His breath hitched as he watched Yamada move to the stand and take the oath. He felt circles drawn on his hand and realized he wasn't breathing. Taking a big breath and grabbing for the bottle of water that sat in front of him. He kept playing the mantra in his mind I'm okay, Everything is fine, it's all gonna be over.

Yamada was soon off the stand and Izuku thought it was time for him to go but he forgot. Aizawa stood leaving his hands with a small tug and went up to the stand. Izuku didn't hear a word that was said during what felt like an hour-long talk but was really 5-minutes. He was shaking and everyone could tell. His knee accidentally bumped into the desk, and his chair made squeaky noises, but Izuku didn't hear or feel any of it. 

He was wrapped in his own what-ifs and he was going into a panic. Once Aizawa got down from the stand he rushed towards Izuku. Sitting down he put his arm over Izuku's shaking shoulders and took his other arm and grabbed one of his hands.

"Calling a recess before starting the testimony of the key witness." The judge said, giving a small nod to Aizawa. Who quickly helped Izuku stand and took him into the side room. There Aizawa sat with him and helped him come down from his anxiety attack.

 Izuku was quiet but leached onto Aizawa. Still slightly worried about his kids' mental state, he started to run his fingers calmly through Izuku's hair. At first, it caught Izuku by surprise but he quickly relaxed into it and the remaining anxiety left his system.

"You don't have to testify Izu, everyone would understand," Aizawa stated calmly, still moving slowly through Izuku's hair.

Izuku shook his head, "N-no. I can do this. I have to do this."

"Okay, but remember you can back out whenever. You are so strong and brave. I'm proud of you, no matter what."

Izuku's chest felt warm, he smiled, real and true. He'd never thought someone could be proud of him, especially for something so little but he knew Aizawa wouldn't have said it if he didn't mean it. "Thank you, I'm ready."

Izuku's time on the stand was kinda a cluster fuck. After getting the whole story out, stuttering through the entire last encounter, and some slight clarification questions from Izuku's lawyer it was time for Inko's lawyer to cross-examine Izuku's statement.