HE IS HIS OWN SAVIOUR

Robin groaned as he rolled on his back.

Stupid Drake and stupid Grayson.

"Hn. Guys?"

"Grayson, you fool" Robin started at his big brother but was stopped by a strong arm around him.

"Calm down, Brat "

"Unhand me, Todd. It's all his fault. He should have had the wisdom to keep his hands to himself. And now we are all stuck in God-knows-when"

"C'mon, Dami! Timmy never told me it's a time machine!"

"Timbo, why were you even working on a time machine?"

"Umm.... Boredom got me...." Tim trailed off as everyone glared at him.

"Anyhow..... I have a feeling that we are in Gotham.... But, when?"

"No idea..." Red Hood looked around and spotted a familiar gargoyle on top of one of the buildings. "It's the crime alley" He said more to himself than the others.

They all stood there taking in the familiar environment but was interrupted when something hit Dick's lower leg.

Someone.

It was a little boy who looked no more than seven. His red hoodie, which was a bit large for him, was torn and dirty. He looked so scared and seemed like he was running away from something.

The little boy gazed up at the strangers in some weird halloween costumes. Out of pure instinct, Dick leaned down to pick up the boy, but stopped when he heard the gravelly voice of a man.

"Get back here, you little brat" A man, who looked a lot like Jason Todd, was walking towards the group.

"Puh-Please, Daddy. I'm sorry" the little boy whimpered and dragged himself closer to Dick's legs.

Damian, on realising the man's faint resemblance to his brother, hissed at Red Hood. "Todd, if this is your future self, I'm going to make it damn sure that you wouldn't live to see this day"

Everyone turned to Red Hood, only to see him standing there shell shocked with eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"Hood, you alright?" Nightwing asked out of concern for his little wing.

Hearing Dick's voice, Jason snapped out of his shock and charged forward, grabbing the little boy carefully in his arms.

As everyone stood there wondering what in the world was going on, Jason put on a protective stance and raised his voice at the boy's dad. "You take another step forward, you will feel the wrath of my fist" The mechanical voice that came through his helmet made him seem even scarier.

The man, being scared by the weird guy in the red helmet, stumbled on his words "W-Who the h-hell are you?!"

Just then, a women emerged from one of the broken houses in the alley. She looked frightened and her eyes had red rims around them from crying. Purple marks were forming on her cheeks.

"Willis, oh my god,Willis , please don't hurt him" The woman stopped dead when she saw her son in the arms of a scary stranger. Her lips quivered and she covered her mouth as  she saw Red Hood clutch her little boy even tighter.

"Please... Don't hurt him" the woman whimpered.

Red Hood was in a trance. But he suddenly handed over the kid when the woman spoke.

"Oh my baby, Jason. I'm so sorry" The woman sniffled as she hugged her son.

"He is a good man, mommy" the boy said and gazed at Red Hood. The woman too lifted her head to look at him.

"T-Take care of yourself, mo-- ma'am" Red Hood said as he struggled to swallow a lump that raised in his throat.

The woman looked at him confusedly and walked away hurriedly. The little boy was gazing at Red Hood from his mother's shoulder.

When Red Hood gave him the deadliest glare ever, the man, Willis, too walked away with the two.

After a moment of silence, Jason realised that the questioning and confused stares of his brothers were all on him. He slighly shook his head and let out a sad chuckle.

"We are in the past. And I just saved myself from getting a permanent scar on my body and mind"

_____________________________________________

I hope u enjoyed this, folks!

I wonder if Jay's mom is truly this caring and loving. But idc.... Because, man, he deserves atleast one good parent!

Anyway, vote and comment if u liked it!
Do check out my other stories too..!

🙂❤️