Chapter 1 : A Bluff Confession

"Heh!!?? Someone confessed to you, Kaguya-san??" Chika shouted in response to Kaguya's previously said statement, whereas an unknown boy sent her a confession letter.

"Yes. He was very passionate, even going as far as inviting me out for dinner." Her reply made Chika rose up from her seat, inevitably drawing out Miyuki and Eiji's attention.

"It's a date then???" As Chika continued to unleash her wild barrage of questions upon Kaguya, Miyuki silently let out a mocking laugh, while Eiji scoffed in response.

'A love letter to Shinomiya? Some men really are blind when it comes to love.' The blonde President kept on writing his notes, though he continued his monologuing constantly.

'We're talking about the Shinomiya group's only daughter here. Does this fellow know, next to Kaichou, every male in the vicinity would only be no more than a talking weed? There's no way she can accept this.' Eiji thought to himself, while saving his work for the day. All was going well, until when Chika straights up asked Kaguya if she'd attend the date.

"Of course." The black-haired girl smiled innocently, as if it was all just another façade she put up in front of Miyuki in order to make him confess. And, as expected, his reactions were priceless.

Crack!

'ARE YOU INSANE, SHINOMIYA!???? YOU'RE GONNA BLINDLY ACCEPT AN INVITATION FROM SOMEONE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW???'

"He mustered the courage to write me this touching love letter... I'm certain that I'll fall for him." Kaguya held the piece of paper in her arms like it was the most precious thing she had ever seen, while displaying an expression that can only be described as pure bliss.

'Ridiculous! YOU THINK I'LL ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN???' Miyuki screamed internally once more, as his attempt to restore the already broken pencil had gone to waste, since he applied too much force on it. Meanwhile, Eiji was staring at the letter in Kaguya's hands, pondering if he had seen that handwriting somewhere...

"Shinomiya-san, may I have permission to borrow that confession letter?" He closed his laptop's lid before turning his attention towards the vice-president, his gaze containing little emotions. It's not like he and Kaguya had not really gotten along well together, but since the elder Shinomiya family members and him had some... history, Eiji doesn't tolerate any of Gan'an's children other than Kaguya.

"Of course, Shirakawa-san. Be my guest." Kaguya tried her best to be friendly with him, as she knew how bad it can be if Eiji got mad. Especially to her. As she stretches her hand with the letter out, Eiji slowly grabbed it with his left arm while muttering a small "thanks" towards Kaguya.

Not a single second was spared as he began inspecting every word, trying to identify if this letter belonged to anyone he knew. In the meantime, Miyuki was spotted having an emotional turmoil behind the scenes, followed by him slamming his head on the table, all of which Eiji had grown accustomed to.

"Are you really going, Kaguya-san?" Chika continued to ask whilst swaying her pinkish head from side to side, which Kaguya replied positively. Though she looked like she was striving to go out on a date with this lucky man, all of it was merely a bluff.

'As if I'd go out with him. Are flowers growing inside his brain? If he offered me a country, then he'd be worthy of my consideration." Of course, Kaguya had no intentions of going out with a talking weed. This was just a strategy to rile up Miyuki, forcing him to stop her. She didn't even pay attention to Eiji, who is now done with this so called "confession".