Chapter 3 : Photos And Jealousy..?

(Somewhere in Tokyo...)

"Eiji-kun! Give me your best smile!" 

It was a cloudless Friday afternoon. The sun was already setting in the background, radiating its glorious orange hues upon this busy city. A perfect setting for a dusk-themed photo, as per some people's perspective.

One certain photographer, too, had this idea, his facial features display uneasiness yet confidence in the model's capabilities. Said model can only exhaustingly sigh, running to multiple locations immediately after school had already become a habit for him, but since today's lunch was so mentally tormenting, the boy was forced to bear with it until the moment when he can go to sleep tonight. 

Letting out one last exhale of warm air, Eiji's mouth curved up instinctively, to the point where it almost became a grin. A smile that is surely fake, but not unhappy in any way. The aforementioned man, who is also Eiji's photographer, started thanking the Shirakawa child for some magnificent pictures that he had gotten the opportunity to take after many rookie mistakes he had witnessed before this session, all while hugging him by the shoulder. 

"Okay! You can have a break now, we'll continue later." Another person said from her position quite a distance away from the two males while slowly rubbing her temples. It's clear that she wanted this break, too. Within the next few seconds, the black-haired boy removed any unnecessary accessories on his body, as they caused some uncomfortability upon direct encounter with his skin.

While he was ranting all to himself, a soft touch on his shoulders caused Eiji to flinch. Immediately, he spun his head behind, just for it to collide with another hard and yellow-ish object. Somehow, said person moaned in pain, while gently rubbing the spot where Eiji's head had made an impact.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry-! Wait... Hayasaka?" He looked at the blonde maid confusingly, wondering what she was doing here, at their shooting location. More importantly, how did she even know he was working here in the first place??? 

"Yep, that's me, hehe... Ow..." Hayasaka laughed awkwardly, her hand kept on rubbing the bump created by their collision. To some extent, Eiji felt guilty and he should at least do something as an apology. Thus, he reached out with his left arm to touch that swelling spot on her scalp, right before gently rubbing it in a way that wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable.

Instinctively, Hayasaka let out a small squeak in surprise, but didn't refuse his kind gestures. On the other hand, she slightly leaned further onto the boy's hand, just enough to not cause any suspicions. 

"Darn... That's quite big... You stay here, I'll go grab an ice pack, 'kay?" The boy took off only seconds after receiving a confirmation from his friend, if they can be called like so, in an attempt to find some ice or a cold drink as the former's replacement. As soon as Eiji left the parameter, Hayasaka lightly sighed while her lips subconsciously curved into a smile, knowing that he was still that same old kid she met so long ago. 

Speaking of her master...

A loud "ting!" went off from her mobile device, notifying her of an incoming message from the Shinomiya heiress herself. 

(I'm sorry idk how to describe notification sounds TvT)

Kaguya : Hayasaka!!! What took you so long??? Didn't you succeed in persuading President to buy a phone?