Chapter 2

I was still going in and out of contentiousness when they were trying to see how bad my injuries were. It is like I can't be awake for very long. I couldn't even do it even if I wanted to.

"Carly. How are you feeling", the doctor asked.

"I don't know. Is there a way that I'm suppose to feel right now", I asked him.

Then after that they continued to do what they were doing. I think I'm to lose feeling around the area I was shot.

It was a while before they sent the OR. It was like they were taking their sweet time. I still can't believe that I was shot in the chest. I don't think anyone believes that. I didn't think that the person was serious. I didn't think anything of it.

When they put me under I started to see certain moments of my life. I can see this one time with my dad. We were out at the park. I remember how much fun we had. We spend the whole day there. It was one of the best days I spent with him. It was when things were more simple. Not saying that our relationship is complicated or anything like that. It is just now that he is going all over the country because of his job. It is not even that I don't like it or anything like because I do. I can't see him do anything else. I just want see him more. That is not wrong, is it. I'm happy that he is helping all of these people. It is like he is giving a little piece of himself into these cases that he works on.

Wait a minute here. How long has is been since I was shot. It didn't feel that long. But doesn't time go faster when you are dying or is it the other way around. You know what I don't even know and it doesn't even matter now. Either way I'm in this lovely situation so it doesn't matter right now. How did I even got myself into thinking about this. It is the most randomness thing to think about when you know it could the last one you have.

I don't want this event to control the rest of my life. I want to be able to live the way I want to. Without any fears of somebody trying to kill me or something like that. It is not a healthy to live. Not for me or anyone else. I know my dad would want me to be strong now. I know if he was here he would tell me that. I can just hear it now. Is it actually him saying it or no. I got to think about it for a second. I think he is but I'm not fully sure. Wait a second, I think I can feel him squeezing my hand. I think I may want to get up but I'm sure. I don't think I could even if I wanted to anyway. But he does need to see me awake as well. So much stuff going on at once. On top of that I think I feel some sort of pressure on my chest. I don't know where it could from. It is just there. I can't really describe it any other way.

I opened my eyes and looked towards where I felt my hand being squeezed. When I did I saw that it was my father. He was asleep. I guess this has been a long day for him as well. I would image so anyway. If I were him I would be really worried.