𝟭𝟯. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗪'𝗦

...∘∙⋆⋯✩      ✩⋯⋆∙∘...

Emerson Raye Bradshaw was laid out on the loveseat of her front porch, reading a book. Her two-year-old son, Nicky Bradshaw, was sprawled out on a blanket on her front lawn, playing with plastic toy fighter jets. Their family dog, Charlie, panted softly beside him, his tail thumping against the soft blanket.

A plane roared through the cloud-scattered sky. Nicky glanced up, grasping toward the sky with his chubby toddler hands. "Dadda," he called.

Emerson smiled out at her son, "That's right, Nicky! That's where Dadda is!" Although, it was a little past five o'clock and her husband would be home soon. Still, Nicky understood the relation between planes and his daddy after the several trips to his daddy's work, similar to when Goose took Bradley for a visit to Top Gun. Bradley was impatiently waiting for the day that his son was old enough to take on a joyride in one of the Navy's jets.

After their marriage a few years ago, the couple moved into Emerson's house. Bradley continued his work as a naval aviator, yet Emerson quit, wanting to provide a safe and stable relationship for their future family. Admiral Simpson appointed her the Director of Project Artemis, keeping her out of the skies. It was a big adjustment for Emerson, but it was a sacrifice she was willing to make for her son. 

Over the years, Pete and Penny got married. It took Pete some time to adjust to life outside of the Navy. Though, he was more than willing to help Bradley and Emerson out with Nicky. In fact, last Halloween, he bought Nicky a baby flight suit and aviators and built him a miniature Maverick helmet. Pete pushed him in the stroller through California neighborhoods, earning the two a big bag of candy. He even tried to get his grandson to call him 'Mav', but it just wasn't catching on. Instead, he was better known as "Papa Pete". It was irritating at first, but Pete appreciated his new call sign.

Bradley's blue Bronco pulled up to the curb outside of the Bradshaw's home with the same squeal of brakes. "Dadda!" Nicky stumbled toward his daddy. Bradley picked his son up swiftly, tossing him into the air several times. He gently placed him back down on the blanket he was playing on and walked up the front porch steps to his wife. He planted a tender kiss on her lips, "How was work today, Captain?"

"Classified," she smirked. Project Artemis was a top-secret project the Navy had been developing since the Cold War. Though the two were married, Emerson was forced to keep her lips sealed.

Bradley was dressed in his typical attire of a Hawaiian shirt and his aviators, but Emerson knew he was on base for a mission debrief. "When's your next mission, Lieutenant Commander?"

"This weekend."

She clutched his shirt, tugging him down toward her. She kissed him deeply. "Well, I guess Nicky and I will just have to get as much of you as we can this week."

"How about I start with you," he whispered in her ear, his lips trailing down her neck. "You know I've always wanted a daughter." He picked her up bridal style; Emerson squealed, dropping her book in surprise.

"Babe, what about Nick!"

"Amelia is on her way over. She's taking him to the park," he said, carrying her back to their bedroom.

⏐𝗥𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗘 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗦!

well, sadly this is it! i hope you all enjoyed reading FAMILY TIES just as much as i enjoyed writing it! thank you all so much for the reads, votes, and comments! your support was TREMENDOUS and put the biggest smile on my face! 

<3 love you all !!! thanks for being bradley bradshaw sluts with me ;) 

...∘∙⋆⋯✩      ✩⋯⋆∙∘...

© -𝙑𝙊𝙄𝘿𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙊𝙀𝙎