The call

~ 1~

I ran outside my backdoor and ran towards my favorite café in all of France. I run in and get my usual cinnamon roll iced latte and a chocolate muffin. "You ok?" Said Josh. "I'm fine. It's just my principal said to meet him as soon as possible and I can't tell if he had a mad or happy tone in his voice!" I said making him cackle. 

I knew Josh since I was seven. He was the first person I meet when I moved. It just happens he works at my favorite café. He said he didn't mean to. He's a liar. "You need to chill Einstein," Josh calls me that all the time just because I'm at the top of my class he thinks that's what makes me smart. "You know I won't!" I say taking my things and sprinting out the door. 

After a short run that felt like miles, I ended up at my high school. I sprint inside my principles office and he tells me to take a seat. I'm sitting down bouncing my knees up and down while he shuffles through the paperwork. "Alora, do you know why you are here in my office today?" He asks. Oh, God. "No Principle Laurent," I say with my voice trembling. 

He laughs. What could he possibly think is funny at this moment. "You're not in trouble Alora, you are my best student." I let out a sigh and sat back in my chair. "Then why am I here?" I say very confusedly. "Let me tell you a story aye?" I nod. " Back in 2006, there was this boat called the waterway artists. On the boat, many different artists from around the world traveled around going to island to island painting all the different things that they saw. Long story short, their boat is missing and we believe all the passengers are dead."  He said.

What does this have to do with me? " I'm sorry but why am I here?" I said. " Because there is this little island on the Caribbean that someone owns who is a part of the government and they want four high school students from anywhere on their summer vacation and try to find clues and perhaps a boat that can help figure out what happened, and there were sign-ups back in August and I signed you up thinking nothing of it and turns out you got selected to go!" I swear I just felt my jaw drop.