Judging

All of the stories, despite their categories will be judged on a _/100 basis.

There will be an overall general criteria for all of the categories but there's also one certain criteria that we will be looking into in each category.

Here are the general things we are looking at in every story:

1. Cover: Does it relate to the story? Does it catch the reader's attention and get them interested? Is the title easy to read?
_/10

2. Description: Does it give enough information on what the story is about? Does it catch the reader's attention?
_/10

3. Characters: Are they well planned out? Is there enough background information on them to truly show who they are? Do the relationships between the characters make sense and aren't rushed?
_/10

4. Plot: Does the plot make sense? Is it rushed into or completely blown over? Is it unique to all of the other stories like it?
_/10

5. Uniqueness: Is the story unique compared to all of the others in its category? Does it have too many clique moments that make you feel like you already know what's happening inside of the plot?
_/10

6. Grammar and Spelling: Are there spelling or grammar errors? Do they make it difficult to follow along with the story?
_/10

7. Engagement: Does the story get you hooked and make you keep wanting to read more so you can find out what's happening?
_/10

8. The Flow: Do all of the chapters flow well into the others or is everything just thrown around? Is the reader able to clearly tell what's happening from chapter to chapter?
_/10

Now for the specific criteria for each category, these are all _/20 points rather than _/10, because this is what's really being judged in the first part of this contest.

Mature Themes/Smutty Stories: How well is the smut written? Is it easy to follow along with and make sense? Is it too cheesy and cringey? Does the smut overshadow the rest of the plot?

Short Stories: Is the plot fully able to be developed? Does the story make sense and give you enough information despite being so short?

Alpha/Beta/Omega Stories: Does the story follow along with all of the A/B/O themes? If the author inserts their own ideas into the world does it make sense? Does it mess up the whole a/b/o anatomy?

Polyamory Stories: Are the relationships well-developed despite being more than two people in them? Does each person in the relationship seem to get their own screen time with each significant other? Is the author able to juggle all of it fairly well in a romantic setting?

Supernatural Stories: Are the supernatural elements well thought out and researched? If there's an already developed supernatural being/theme does it go along with the lore? If not, does it make sense?

Celebrity Stories: Does the story clearly show the struggles of what it's like for the character to be a celebrity? And if only one character is a celebrity and another isn't, does it show the struggles between juggling the two together?

Science Fiction Stories: Are the science fiction elements well thought out and researched? Do they make sense and work together well with the other aspects of the story?

Cliche Trope Stories: Is the theme of the story unique to itself despite being a part of a cliche trope? Does it have too many similarities to others of its kind or does it shine through with its own uniqueness that makes it nice to read?

Historical Stories: Have the historical elements of the story been well researched? Does it take you on a journey back to that time period and make you wonder what it would be like to live in that time period?

Royalty Stories: Does the story show you what it's truly like to be royalty? The struggles and conflicts that come with having part of a throne? Have the royalty themes been well researched if they are using a set time period and country? If it's a fictional kingdom does the politics of it make sense? Is it fairly easy to follow?

Dark/Horror Stories: Does the story portray the dark themes well? If it's a thriller does it give you anticipation for what bad things might happen in future scenes? If it has mental illness aspects are they fairly well researched? Are they somewhat resolved?

Extreme Romance/Fluff: Does the romance in the story make you want that kind of love for yourself? Does it make you cringe a bit at how utterly fond the characters are of each other? Does the romance overpower the rest of the aspects of the story? If it does, does the story still make sense? Is it still unique to itself?

Normal Stories: Does the author add enough drama and details into the story to get the readers hooked? Are the characters lives well thought out and make sense?

So, let me explain how judging is going to work to you guys! There will be a winner for each individual category.

Once all thirteen winners are chosen those stories will be judged again based on the same criteria but by all or most of the judges together to come up with the overall winners.

There will be prizes for everyone who wins first place in their individual category, as well as, first, second and third place overall will be getting a different higher set of prizes.

All of those prizes will be announced in the next part once me and the rest of the judges have come to an official decision on all of them!

Note: If anyone is confused by anything to do with the judging please feel free to ask me to explain it to you a bit better and I will try my absolute hardest to help you out!