Chapter 3.

I had no idea where I was. I had ran to a city than wasn't familiar to me at all. The first person I saw was a man who looked to be around 35 years old. 

''Excuse me. Can you please tell me where I am?'' I asked nicely but also a bit impatiently. 

''You're in a city named Falcon,'' the man said and smiled.

My whole body froze. I knew where the city Falcon was, but I had never been there before. Falcon was hours away from Hart, where I lived. I felt tears running down my cheeks. Now I started to question myself again. Would I ever be able to come back home? Would I ever see my family again? But just as all the hope disappeared, I saw a taxi 50 meters away from me. I ran there as fast as I could and hopped into the car.

''Where to, ma'am?'' the taxi driver asked politely.

''Hart,'' I said, and saw how he held out his hand.

I know that it costed money for a taxi ride, I wasn't dumb, but I didn't have any money. I looked down at the shiny sword in my hand, and then pointed it at the driver.

''Take me or you're regret it,'' I said as a threat and tried to sound as confident as I could.

I heard the taxi drivers quick breaths, and then he started to drive. I puffed out and held the sword tight in my hand. Even if I was the threat because of my sword, I was still frightened. He could make a quick move and take it out of my hands, so I played it safe. But the only thing I could think about at that time, was the feeling when I saw my parents again. Maybe a couple of weeks didn't sound much, but when you most of the time was stuck in a boring room with only your thoughts to keep you company, it was actually very long. Or at least, I felt that way. 

A couple of hours later, we drove into a city that was much, much familiar with me. And the reason was because, I lived there. I giggled of excitement. The taxi driver stopped in the middle of the city.

''Thank you for giving me a free ride,'' I said derisively. 

I got out of the car and hid the sword inside my shirt. But when I started to walk to my house, the sad truth catched me. I had just threatened an innocent man to death, only for a ride. But in my defense, it was only to see my family again. My body filled with guilt and regret. Why did I do that to him? I questioned myself. Why did I do that to him? That sentence repeated many times in my mind. 

After around 20 minutes I saw my beautiful light-blue painted house. I opened the door and peeked in. I saw mom standing just centimeters away from the front door. She was talking to someone in the phone. 

''Have you found her?'' she asked with a worried face and voice.

The police. She was talking to the police. Before she could say anything more, I snatched the phone from her and walked in. Mom's eyes filled with tears, and then she embraced me. I dropped the phone on the ground, but some phone breaking was the least of our worries.

''My darling,'' she cried and hugged me tight. ''I thought... I thought you would never come back.'' Where were you?''

I knew that if I would tell her, I would get involved with the police and stuff like that. And that was the last thing I wanted. I just wanted to relax and stay out of the their business. 

''Where were you?'' mom asked again and sounded way more serious this time. ''Toni, where were you?''

But I just shrugged and stepped out of the hug. But then dad came, and his reaction was just like mom's.

''Sweetheart!'' he cried and hugged me. ''We were so worried, we thought we had lost you forever.''

Moments later I also started to cry. But now that dad had come, I just needed to ask him some questions about why he owed people money here and there. 

''Why do you owe Marcus money?'' I asked and went straight to the point. 

Dad's emotions turned from being sad, to being shocked and stiff. Mom looked confused and turned her eyes to him. 

''Marcus?'' she repeated. ''Grayson, who's Marcus?''