Chapter 13.

I was losing control of myself. I was losing control of everything. I tied Hannes to a tree with ropes, and then slapped him conscious. He looked around confused, and then noticed the ropes around his body.

''T-Toni?'' he stammered and tried to move. ''Where am I?''

''With me,'' I said in a whisper. ''We'll probably be here forever. Together.''

''Where is Clara?'' he asked, breathing faster and faster. 

''Gone.''

''What the hell did you do?!''

''Can't we just spend our last minutes together, without fighting?'' I sighed and rested my head on my knee. 

And with that, I picked up the bloody knife that had taken too many stabs already. Too many lives. When Hannes saw it, he tried to get free by moving, but it didn't work. 

''We all have changed since the start,'' I said and felt a single teardrop running down my cheek. ''You. Me. Clara. I fell in love with my own kidnapper, the biggest mistake of my life. So we ended up here. Clara, dead. Mom and dad, dead. Now It's only us left.''

''I'm so sorry,'' Hannes said and started to sob. ''I'm so sorry all this happend to you. I feel horrible. About everything.''

''No, that's okay,'' I said. ''No need for apologizing. I actually think we should celebrate our new selves. So... cheers, I guess.''

I fake laughed a bit for myself and then looked up in the sky. 

''I mean... you need to die someday. We're all gonna die. So why not do it right now?'' 

Hannes shook his head in panic.

''No, please! No!'' he yelled while I pointed the knife to his heart. 

''Goodbye. We're all monsters.''