Chapter 12. - Clara P.O.V

We sat next to each other by the fire. I tried to speak, but it didn't work. The words got stuck in my throat.

First Hannes had left by himself, but when I realized that I couldn't survive by myself, I followed him into the woods. I didn't ask where we was, but he seemed to know the place. He didn't stop a second, just walked until he stopped by a fire. He lit it and sat down. Nothing more, just looked into it until it got dark. The moon shined beautifully, but I just couldn't get my mind of off Toni. And the sight of mom and dad's dead bodies, laying on the floor, making everything red.

I quietly sobbed until I fell asleep on the spot. When I woke up again, Hannes was asleep next to me. I tried waking him up, but he just continued sleeping.

''Hannes!'' I yelled and shaked his head. ''Hannes, wake up!''

But then to my surprise, I saw Toni. She came and sat next to me.

''Hello sis,'' she smirked. ''How nice it is too see you again. After everything that happend between us, I think we should get a fresh start again, shall we?''

But before I could answer, she had stabbed me right in my stomach. I fell down to the ground. I recognized that knife. It was the same one Hannes had used on her before. But I guess she didn't die after all. I tried my best to breath, I had to survive. But the stabbing was not the only thing Toni would do to me. Oh, how stupid I was. She opened a bag she had with her, and took out something familiar. She poured almost the entire jar into my eyes and then she forced it into my mouth. Shampoo. The taste was the most disgusting thing I had ever had in my mouth before. I coughed and itched my eyes brutally. Toni took out the knife from my stomach and put it right back in just moments after. She crossed her arms and mocked me with a smile.

''The revenge is sweet, isn't it, sis?'' she said. ''Always make it a surprise. Well, I guess we'll wait here together, until Hannes becomes conscious again. Oh wait, should I help you with that?''

''What?'' was the only thing my mouth managed to say.''

She punched me hard right where the knife was, which made it go deeper inside my body.

''I killed mom and dad, to save you!'' I shouted. ''I did everything, for you! Only you!''

''Oh, I know that,'' she said. ''But I don't know, maybe I just felt like killing someone.''

Everything became quiet. Toni didn't say anything, and I did not manage to speak because of the stupid shampoo in my mouth. I couldn't breath, and everything went silent.

I knew I was dead. I mean... how could I survive that? Two stabs, one punch which made everything even more painful. Disgusting shampoo in my mouth. But now when everything was black and finally peaceful (at least I thought), I could think clearly again. And now I remembered. When me and Toni were little, I was bathing her. I just wanted to have some fun, so I put shampoo in her eyes. I guess the revenge is sweet. For her.

Even if everything was dark, and I probably was blind in at least one eye, I could feel that I was in a tight space. I was laying down in something. A coffin. Toni probably thought I was dead, so she buried me. Or maybe she knew I was still a bit alive, even if I felt 100% dead after what just happend. I punched the hard wood above me. 

''Help!'' I screamed, even if I knew deep in my heart that no one could hear me. ''Please, someone! Hannes, Toni, help!''

I was probably meters underground. But if I wanted to survive, I needed to find any piece of hope. I punched the wood with both of my hands, and after a couple of minutes, I got completely exhausted. But suddenly, I felt earth begin to come in my face. That was it. I had found my hope. I punched every last drop of strength out of me, and then it broke. I covered my face with my shirt and started to slowly climb up. I used one of my hands to cover my face with my shirt, and the other to dig. The shirt didn't help at all, but after maybe a minute or two, I felt air. I digged the last centimeters and then I was free. I coughed out soil, but that didn't matter. 

The moon was the only thing was lighted up the place. The woods. I started walking with my shaky legs, and after maybe an hour of exhausting movements, I got out. The place couldn't be more unfamiliar. 

''Toni?'' I whispered, one of my hands covering my big wound in my stomach. 

I got no answer, but I wasn't surprised. I was in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea where I was, I had no idea what was happening. But the only thing I knew, was that Toni was beyond saving.