Chapter 11.

I packed food, water-bottles, my secret weapon, a loaded gun, the same knife Hannes had stabbed me with, and some money that I had found in the living room. I packed it all in a bag and then left without even looking at my parents one last time. I never wanted to return, I never wanted to see their bodies again. Or any dead body, to be honest. But I knew that I had to, if I wanted revenge.

I had no idea where Hannes was, nor Clara. But if I had to guess, they went different ways. Clara didn't know Hannes, and he didn't know Clara. I took a bus and got off at the last stop. Swamp Road, it was called. And I knew someone who lived there. Dad's old friend, Gustav Stomphall. Or just Gus, like everyone called him. He was dad's godfather. I went to Gus's small house. The brown color had almost flaked completely, and the roof was made of straw. I knocked on the door gently, because it looked like it could break any second. After a few seconds, the door opened ajar.

''Who is it?'' a deep voice asked.

''Toni,'' I answered. ''Toni Griffin. My dad is your godson.''

The door opened fully, and the man walked out and embraced me very tight. Very tight, just like Hannes's old hugs.

''It's so nice to see you! Where is Gray?'' Gus asked and looked around.

I completely forgot about that part. Telling Gus about dad's death. His godson's death.

''I can explain that later,'' I said before making him too confused. ''Can I come in?''

Gus immediately nodded, and I walked inside the house and he closed the door behind me. We sat down in an old dusty sofa.

''So... my dad is dead,'' I said and went straight to the point before it got too hard to speak.

''Oh gosh,'' Gus said. ''I'm so sorry for you. Where are your siblings?''

''If I'm being honest, I have no idea,'' I said and suddenly started crying. ''Mom is dead, dad is dead. My boyfriend-''

I quickly stopped before I could finish my sentence. But I could see in Gus's eyes that he heard it. He heard about Hannes.

''Friend,'' I said, wiping my tears with my hand.

''Marcus, yeah I know about that,'' Gus said and nodded while looking down at the dusty wooden floor. ''Every time Grayson visited, he always told me about him. He was so worried when you got kidnapped by Marcus himself.''

''So you know,'' I mumbled and sighed. ''Well, I guess I don't have to tell you anything, you probably know more than I do. But there's nothing I can do.''

Gus now looked even more confused than before. He put his hand on my shoulder and looked up at me.

''There is always a solution,'' he said firmly. ''Always. No matter what happend, no matter how it went, you need to find a solution to it. Avenge the death of your parents by doing the same thing to the killer as they did to Grayson and Kate. To your parents. You have every right to get revenge on the killer. Do it. Do it, before it is too late.

I nodded and thanked him for the tip. I then left. Now I knew exactly where Hannes was.