< Chapter Four >

"Y/n," the president said looking at me, "It's great to finally meet you."

As I looked at him, I noticed it looked like he was tearing up.

"Are you okay.. um.. sir?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Am I okay? Are you okay?"

I shrugged a little and frowned. "It's been a day."

He nodded. "I understand. Maybe we should talk I private." He looked at all the guards and as they walked out, I saw Agent Hart give me a slight smile. They walked outside and the door shut.

"Sir.. not to be disrespectful or anything, because I'm truly honored to be here in your presence, but.. why am I here?" I asked still sort of afraid about why I was there.

"Of course. Y/n, I assume you know about everything that's been going on." He looked at me and I stayed silent. "When I was young, in my late twenties, early thirties, I was dating a woman. Well, I was dating two women. One woman, my father set me up with. He wanted us to connect our two family's businesses, but I was in love with another woman. We couldn't be seen of course, because that would ruin our status. One day, we decided that it was best to break it off. As much as we'd loved eachother, it was difficult to keep up our hidden lifestyle. We didn't want to ruin eachothers reputations. Short after, one of our mutual friends told me that the woman I loved had a baby. I was so hurt. I had assumed that she had gotten right with another man."

The president fumbled around in a drawer looking for something.

"I-Im sorry sir, I don't quite understand." I said confused still.

He shut the drawer and held a photo. When he turned it around to me, I recognized the person. I grabbed the photo from him.

"Mom.." I said quietly. It was a picture of my mom and me when I was baby. She had just gave birth to me in the hospital.

The president walked over to me. "The woman I loved.." He spoke softly.

I looked up confused. "But.. my mom.. she- she told me my dad was dead. He died in a car accident after I was born." I said confused, scared, and sad.

The president put an arm on my should with a light smile and then pulled out another piece of paper. He handed it to me.

It was a DNA test from him, my mother, and me when I was a baby.

"I don't understand.. why wouldn't she have told me about this? How did you get my DNA?"

"I'm assuming that your mother wanted to tell you when you were older. When you were an adult, like now. A close friend of mine and your mothers died recently, and this was found in one of his drawers. I think your mother gave it to him to give to me when you were of age."

I stood there in shock. How was this happening to me? Why me?

"I'm the.. I'm the secret child?" I said.

He nodded. "My daughter."

I looked up and he was tearing up again.

"You're my dad?" I said surprised, finally putting it all together. "My dad is the president?"

He chuckled. "It seems so."

He walked over to the door and opened it for the guards/agents to walk back in. I sat down still in shock about what my life had just turned into.

"Sir, um, does this make me the first lady?" I asked the president.

"Technically, because I never married and you're my first born, yes. But that won't really mean anything. And, you can call me Daivd, or um, dad." He said sort of awkwardly.

"What the hell.." I spoke quietly.

Everyone around us laughed a little.

The president.. David.. my dad.. cleared his throat and said, "well, now that we've got the basics cleared up, we can do some introductions." He looked to Agent Hart. "Agent Hart, you first."

Agent Hart looked at me, and smiled. "Agent Felix Hart at your service."

Felix.

"I'm y/n." I said with a slight smile.

He laughed. "I know."

Next was the woman across from me. "Agent Sophia Wells." She smiled at me.

"Nice to meet you." I spoke to her.

The next person was the man who had taken care of the burn on my arm. "Doctor Agent Jasper Field. Here for all your medical needs."

"Nice to meet you, and thank you for earlier." I said to him.

Next was the copilot. "Agent Maddalyne Taylor. I travel around a lot, so you might not see me as much as these other knuckle heads." She said with a smile. The others laughed a little.

I smiled. "Good to know."

Finally, the co-pilot. "I'm Agent Zachary Burne." By the way he talked, I could tell he was more serious than the others. Possibly held a higher roll.

David looked at me. "Agent Burne is the head of this team. These Agents are the best in the country. Together they will make sure nothing ever happens to you." He looked at the others. "Correct?"

Together, they all said "yes sir."

"This is my daughter. My only daughter. If anything happens to you, I personally will ruin your life. Only joking." He said. He didn't sound like he was joking though.

He turned to me again. "All of these agents are at your service, but you will need to pick someone to be your personal agent. They will be at your side basically 24/7 making sure you are always safe. This needs to be someone you are comfortable with. Think of it like a roommate who never leaves you alone." He said with a light smile. "So, who will you pick?"

-------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Chapter four is complete! Who will you decide to pick as your personal Agent? I don't think it's that tough of a choice haha. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. If you have any comments or suggestions, leave them below. I'll upload chapter five soon. I hope you stick around.

Date Published: July 5th, 2022

Words: 1037 words