< Chapter Seven >

When we arrived at the mall, Agent Burne told me to wait in our limo with Felix while the others went inside.

"So.." I said awkwardly trying to fill the silence. "What made you want to be a part of the secret service?"

"When I was younger, my aunt who I was really close to was abused a lot by my uncle, so I knew I wanted to do something in the Government area. Something cop-like. When I graduated highschool I went to a police academy and, not to brag or anything, but very much exceeded my training compared to my other classmates."

As Felix talked, I could tell he was really passionate about his job. It was really cute to me. He took his job of protecting people, important people, very seriously.

"One day a few years ago," Felix continued, "Zachary, or Agent Burne, came to my house and recruited me to protect The Whitehouse family. Which before you just included Mr. David White. Now we have you, which makes our jobs a lot harder." He jokingly rolled his eyes.

I laughed. "I take it you like your job then."

"I love it. I'm honored to hold such a high role in America. I'm honored to serve Mr. President and you."

"How old were you when they recruited you?" I asked. He didn't seem very old. Definitely younger than the others.

"I was 22. Pretty young, but the others weren't much old when they were all first recruited. They've just been with the team longer than I have."

"Ah gotcha. So that would make you about.. what? Like 25?"

"26." He stated.

Felix and I were just chit chatting some basic small talk when Agent Burne and Agent Taylor came back to the limo.

"All clear. We'll escort you inside now, miss." Agent Burne said.

I nodded and Felix got out and opened the door for me. I thanked him and we all walked towards the building, meeting Sophia and Agent Field outside at the doors. We walked to one of the stores locked doors and Agent Burne unlocked it. When we got inside, there was nobody there.

"Where is everyone?" I asked them confused. "Is the mall closed? Did we just break in?"

Sophia laughed. "Just this store for right now. We can't risk anybody seeing you, so we had to clear the store. They'll open it back up when we're finished."

"What about checking out? Are we stealing the clothes?"

"We work for the Government, of course we're not stealing clothes." Agent Field said with a light laugh.

"You'll try on your clothes, and when you've decided on what you want, we'll escort you back to the limo. Then a couple of us will bring one of the employee's back in and we'll check out using Mr. President's card." Agent Burne said, clarifying everything.

"Oh.." I was a little disappointed. "Am I ever going to be able to go shopping like a normal person again?"

"We'll figure it out as time goes on." Agent Taylor said. "For now, you need to quickly try on some clothes so we can quickly get in and out before the paparazzi knows we're here. Sound good?"

I nodded and then walked off with Sophia following behind me, and Felix sticking near by us.

"Is there anything I'm not allowed to wear? Or buy? Or a limit on anything?" I asked.

"I recommend you get some things that you feel like you in, some pajamas, and of course some nice clothes so when we're at meetings or you're being introduced to the staff throughout the next few days you'll be prepared with something decent." Sophia said. "And there's no price limit, but buying too many expensive clothes might make the employees here question who we are and why we're here. All they know is that we're Government officials because of our badges."

After that, I walked around for a bit picking out and trying on clothes. I settled on some tee shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, jeans, and a few really nice dresses. Before this, I had gotten used to thrifting through hand-me-down stores because they were usually cheaper, so this was a fun experience.

I showed Sophia everything that I had bought and she approved. She then walked over to Agent Burne and spoke with him and the others for a few moments.

"Ready to go?" Agent Burne asked and I nodded. Felix then escorted me back to the limo.

"I hope now that you'll have a little touch of your own in The Whitehouse you'll be a little more comfortable." Felix said while we waited for the others.

"Me too." I said. "Do you think I'll ever be able to go back to my apartment?"

Felix thought about it for a minute and replied, "honestly, I'm not sure. If you do, it might be a while. We need to wait for everything to calm down in the media with the whole 'secret child' thing. Then, we'll have to wait for everything to die down again after we announce it to the public."

I nodded. "Yeah, I understand. I just- I worked so hard for that apartment."

"I know, and I'll do everything I can to make you comfortable during your stay with us, and I'll try to help you get back to your apartment as soon as possible if that's what you really want."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He looked in my eyes and replied a small, "my pleasure."

Not long after that the others came back and got in their limos. Agent Burne came in with Felix and I. Once everyone was ready, we headed off back to The Whitehouse.

----------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Chapter Seven!! I'm writing this book so fast haha. I usually only publish one chapter of my stories a day, but I write them a lot. Anyways, I hope you've been enjoying my story and continue reading. If you have any suggestions feel free to comment or message me. Have a great day!

Date Published: July 6th, 2022

Words: 1017 words