< Chapter Five >

I looked around at everyone and thought about it for a minute.

"I don't wanna hurt anybody's feelings.." I said frowning a little.

"Don't worry y/n," Agent Burne said. "It's purely professional."

I nodded and as I looked around one more time, I had no choice but to pick...

"I guess I'll pick Agent Hart." I spoke. Agent Hart looked at me and slightly raised his chin with a sort of proud look on his face.

David nodded. "Good choice. I know Agent Hart will protect you with his life."

Agent Hart smiled at me and nodded at David.

"I think it's time they show you to your room." David said gesturing to the others to head out the door.

"W-wait- my room? What about my apartment?" I said worried. I had just finally gotten a job to support myself in that apartment.

"We'll discuss that later. There's a lot that needs to be figured out y/n. For now, we need to keep you safe, and the best way to do so is for you to stay here."

"What about my classes?" I asked. "I have my finals coming up."

"Her life just changed completely and all she can think of is studying for her finals." Agent Wells laughed.

Agent Hart laughed. "Just like her dad."

David smiled a little. "We'll have to find another time to catch up, y/n. For now, we both have a lot of work to do. I'll see you soon."

I tried to flash a little smile at him, but I was really scared. My life was changing so much so suddenly. It was a lot to deal with.

Agent Hart opened the door for me and we all walked out. I followed Agent Burne as he led the way.

"Thank you." Agent Hart said without looking at me.

"For what?" I asked.

"For choosing me. I'm honored. I'm the newest one on the team, so this is kind of big." He then looked at me with wide eyes. "Not that I'm less inexperienced or less qualified than them. I've been through all of the proper training and I've been on the team for about five years now."

I laughed a little at his nervousness. "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be great, Agent Hart. I trust you."

He smiled a little. "Thank you, I'll protect you with my life, y/n." He said and you blushed a little. You definitely felt priceless at this moment. "And, you can call me Felix if you want. We only really call eachother our agent names when we're doing serious work. It's to protect us and our full identities."

"Like a super hero?" I said with a laugh.

He laughed a little. "Yeah, like a super hero."

Agent Burne stopped us all in front of a door. "Your bedroom, ma'am."

I smiled and thanked him. I opened the door and couldn't believe my eyes. It was enormous.

"Do I have a roommate?" I asked unsure if I got the whole room to myself.

The team laughed.

"The whole room is yours." Agent Wells said with a hand on my back.

"Woah," I said as the team was still laughing at me. I turned to the team again. "Where do you all live?"

"We all live nearby the Whitehouse because we're always on call. We also have rooms here if we need to stay, but we share them with eachother," Agent Feild said. "Although I do have a small office just down the hall that I usually stay at to do my work because I'm a medical professional."

Felix rolled his eyes. "Of course Jasper has to brag about his medical abilities," he said sarcastically.

Agent Feild looked a little offended. "Hey, I do important work there."

The others laughed at him.

I walked inside my room as the two began bickering a little. Agent Wells followed me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked with a hand on my back.

"About what?" I asked. "About how I'm the #secretchild, about how my dad isn't dead and is actually the president, about how my mom lied to me even on her death bed, about the fact that I now have agents to protect me, about how I was just kidnapped, about how I-"

"Okay, so I take it you're just a little stressed out." She said with a small laugh.

I smiled a little. "Just a tad."

"Well, I'll be here in case you ever need to talk. I'm here to protect you, but I'm also here as a friend."

"Thank you."

"Sophia, in case you forgot."

I smiled. "Thank you, Sophia."

She smiled at me and Agent Burne walked up to us two. "If you need anything, feel free to let any of us know." He said with a smile.

"Thank you." I said and then turned to them all. "Thank you all. It means a lot. It's uh.. it's been quite a day."

Agent Feild gave me a small smile. "We understand, at least, as much as one can in this situation," he said with a small chuckle.

Agent Burne's phone began ringing and as he answered it, I stood there listening to the others small talk. After a few minutes, Agent Burne got off the phone and looked at me.

"It seems Mr. President got someone to get all the books you'll need for studying. That way, if do end up taking your exams, you'll be rightfully prepared."

I smiled really big. "Ooh thank you thank you!"

"Of course. We'll go retrieve them now." He said and nodded to the team to head out the door.

--------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: There you have it. Chaptet five. I hope you're enjoying it so far. I'll be sure to upload again soon. Have a great day!

Date Published: July 3rd, 2022

Words: 976 words