< Chapter Eight >

When we got back, Felix helped me find my way back to my room while the others went to meet with David. I went inside my room and began to put the clothes in my closet and in some drawers.

"I don't think I'll ever have enough clothes to fill this closet." I laughed.

Felix chuckled. "Yeah, I'm sure it takes a while to get used to."

Just then there was a knock on the door and Agent Burne walked in. "We've all talked about it and we decided it's best if you give us your phone for now."

I had completely forgot about my phone throughout the day. I began looking around for it in my pockets and on nightstands, but I couldn't find it.

"I don't think I have it. It must have fell out of my pocket when that man took me."

He nodded and said, "Alright, well for now, no social medias. We can't risk-"

"Anyone knowing. I got it." I said with a light laugh. "I think I'm getting a little bit used to the whole secret child thing."

Agent Burne laughed a little and walked out again.

As I was hanging up clothes, my stomach started grumbling. I laughed. "Sorry, I guess I'm hungry," I said sort of embarrassed.

"Well good thing we have a whole kitchen just for. The cooks can make whatever you'd like. We can go when you've finished."

I nodded and finished putting away my new clothes. We then headed off to the kitchen. When we walked in, Felix introduced me to the chef.

"Jared, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Jared. He's the head chef."

"Pleasure to meet you ma'am. I've been awaiting your arrival." Said Jared.

"Wait, so, the staff here knows about me? How do we know that," I turned to Jared, "no offense, but how do we know that they won't tell people about me?"

"Don't worry. Everyone that's worked here has had to sign a million documents to secure your safety. They all know you are the most sacred person here right now and they need to keep it a secret for now to keep you safe," Felix said.

Jared nodded. "Don't worry ma'am. You're safe with us." He said and gestured to his team of cooks. "So, what will it be for you tonight?"

"What's on the menu?" I said and Jared laughed.

"We cook what you tell us to cook. We can make anything."

Felix nodded and I thought carefully. I felt bad. I didn't want to make their lives more difficult just to please me. I looked at Felix with my eyebrows tilted up signaling for help.

"Chinese food?" Felix said looking at me.  I didn't say anything, but I gave a nod in response.

Felix turned to Jared. "How about some orange chicken, vegetables, and fried rice?"

"Coming right up." Jared said and gave us a nod. He then turned around and began giving orders to his team.

"Here, follow me." Felix said as he walked out of the room, leading me to a big room with a shiny table and lots of chairs around it.

"This is the dining room. It's usually only used by David, and now you, unless someone is invited to eat here. The others and I all usually just eat in our room or take something small to go."

"I don't think that's right," I said with a confused look. "You guys do so much important work around here. You should be at least able to eat in here."

Felix smiled. "That's kind, but we have our duties. If you or David is in here, we'll usually be here snacking on something or standing by the doors to make sure you're safe."

Felix pulled out a chair for me, and I sat down blushing a little. He was so respectful. It was sweet, although it was just his job.

I heard a noise and turned around to see David behind me.

He pulled out a chair at the head of the table in between Felix and I. "Ah, dinner time?"

Felix nodded.

"So, how has your day been so far, y/n? I mean, after all of the commotion this morning." He said turning to look at me.

"It's been alright. I went shopping." I said.

The waiters then brought out our food on fancy grey platters. They took off the lids and we all thanked them.

"Yes, Agent Wells told me they took you to the mall. Was it alright? I know it was a big change."

I nodded. "It was sort of nice to have the whole store to myself. I didn't have to wait for any changing rooms." I laughed.

David laughed a little. "Understandable. I get tailored for my suits, so I haven't been shopping in public for clothes in a quite a while."

We all began to eat our food. It was delicious. I had gotten used to just eating TV dinners and fast food for the past two years. It was all I could afford.

"So, y/n, I was thinking tomorrow we could have a party. For you to get used to and meet some of the staff and people who work around here. What do you think?" David said looking up at me.

I nodded. "That sounds good. I'd like to meet everyone."

"Good, I'll send out an email to everybody tonight." He said.

The waiters then came by and took our dishes once we were finished.

David stood up and pushed in his chair. "Well, y/n, we have a lot to do these next upcoming weeks. Get some sleep." He said and pulled me in for a hug.

I smiled a little in the hug. I have a dad.

He then pulled away and smiled.

"Goodnight," I said as he left the room.

-------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: I hope you liked chapter eight. I'll release chapter nine soon. I hope you continue reading. If you have any suggestions, please comment them!

Date Published: October 2nd, 2022

Words: 1013 words