012.

-Carson-

I'm pissed out of my damn mind. She's getting under my skin.

I took her home so she wouldn't be drunk and alone. So some fucker wouldn't get to touch her. So she wouldn't get hurt.

I ordered her favorite food and gave her my clothes.

She looked so fucking gorgeous in my shirt.

I can't have that. I can't have Liliana Blake messing with my mind.

I'm supposed to end her. I'm supposed to put a stop to her legacy and take over. Maybe even kill her if it wasn't for Amelia.

"Love is weakness."

I could hear my father's voice in my ear. My mother and him got divorced when I was still young. They still chose to run their businesses together.

The clean business though.

My mother had no idea about all the dirty shit my father was doing. And how Christian and I were supposed to inherit it.

My father stopped believing in love when my mother left him. He said that he can only love his kids—not a woman. Because his kids would never abandon him.

We did. I did at least. It was well deserved after the abuse he put us through.

Christian only speaks to him when necessary. Amelia and Nora never knew his torture. They didn't go through any of the abuse. They still speak to him. They have a relationship.

Something him and I never had. I'm certain that his number isn't even on my phone.

I wonder how my life would have been if I grew up in a normal family.

If my father wasn't the Capo of the Vegas mafia. If I wasn't his heir.

My father does dirty work while I try to do good. All 3 of my siblings are Agents.

He sells drugs, helps with trafficking, underground fighting, illegal street racing and so much more.

My siblings and I stop all of that.

Its kind of funny. Working against the thing you were born to do. Working to demolish the demons when they are your ancestors.

Amelia and Nora have no idea about any of this. To them, our parents work together. They know nothing of it all.

The reason I ran away to Chicago is that my father was sick. I didn't want to be his heir, but at the same time it was unfair for the burden to fall on Christian.

If neither of us claim the role, the mafia will reek of havoc. I'll be doing more harm than good.

I could never love someone and put them through that. I could never unlike my dad, have a family and four kids and put them in the mafia.

Amelia still kind of hates me for leaving. But I would rather live with her mad at me in a world where she is safe from me and my mafia baggage.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Christian.

This was a a long shot, but I was willing to take it.

Christian used his ties to the mafia to help him with his missions.

The name Kingston was enough to scare the shit out of anyone.

He used his ties to the mafia without doing anything for them. Our father couldn't stop him because it would be as if he was renouncing his sons from power. If father put a stop to Christians illegal ways of solving legal cases, it would weaken Christian's power.