017.

-Carson-

An entire unit of the FBI stormed into the mansion. They arrested everyone in sight.

I looked over to Liliana who stood with her back to one of the SUVs.

"How are you feeling?" The words coming out of my mouth shocked me. I didn't care how she felt. I shouldn't care how she felt. I shouldn't ask.

But I had to.

Her response shocked me even more. "My brother died, Carson. I don't feel anything anymore." She didn't take her eyes off the house as people were escorted out in handcuffs.

She never showed her vulnerability. It was as if this woman was made out of the strongest metal on earth. No matter how many scratches, she'll still appear the strongest on a field full of wounded soldiers.

Jackson came toward us, "This is miraculous. I've gotta tell you, at first, I doubted that you two could actually work together. I thought one of you would be dead by the end of the week."

He wasn't wrong. There were one too many instances where we would have killed each other. The amount of times I've had a knife at my throat in the past month is very questionable.

I saw Liliana flinch when he said the word 'dead' in the corner of my eye. "I'm sure you'll now be pleased to hear that you're not forced to work together anymore, one last mission!" My eyes shot up in surprise.

"What?" I was about to light him on fire.

This fucker made me work with her when I didn't want to, and now when I'm too far into the drug he wants to take it away.

"You accomplished most of what you are supposed to. You can do it on your own now. A race to the finish line, but you have one more mission left before that."

I was always good at hiding my emotions, any emotion, but anger.

I could feel my jaw clenching at his words, "One more mission?"

"Paris. The city of love. You go there bring Jonathan Lincoln in, dead or alive. Doesn't matter." She flinched again. What is up with her?

She cleared her throat, "Jonathan Lincoln?"

"One of the Bronze Dragon's closest men. You get to Jonathan you're one step closer to him."He pauses,
"But there is a little technicality, Only two people can go, if you need back up you call the Parisian FBI or some of your agents could fly if the mission is extended."

Is this man out of his goddamn fucking head?

"Let me get this straight, You want us to go against one of the most lethal Gang leaders in the world and bring him in dead or alive without an ounce of backup?" I could punch him square in the jaw right now.

"Someone needs to be here to protect New York, Kingston." He shrugged his shoulders.

I looked over to Liliana expecting her to tell him he was fucking mental, but instead I was met with a nod and a "Consider it done."

What the actual fuck?

This wasn't bravery. This was recklessness. Plain and simple. Marcus, Nick and my sister walked up to us, "Who's going to Paris?"

Jackson briefly summarized the situation to them.

"I could go with either Marcus or Amelia. We'll get the job done." Her eyes didn't come anywhere near mine. She was focused on Jackson.

Eyes on me. I wanted to pull her face toward me.

"That could work." Jackson nodded. I wasn't going to let her go to Paris without me. I was a "Crazy Fucker" It was my brother's favorite nickname for me.