Chapter 1 Life as I knew it

Tomorrow is the day my new life finally begins and I for one can't wait. I start my first day of Junior year tomorrow. After moving from Ohio this past summer I didn't actually have much fun. I Left behind my friends and my brother Conrad, who's ten thousand miles away in Ireland studying medicine. Honestly, I haven't made any friends for the two months I've been here. I miss going to the festivals, singing show tunes with my friends or acting in local productions of Les Miserables or Phantom Of The Opera, but I do hope all of that's gonna change tomorrow. I look forward to it. I head downstairs to see my mom and, if you ask me, she isn't too happy about this move, she had to give up her bakery back in Ohio because of this incredible job offer my dad got. My mom and dad met in college, they both attended Ohio State University together, my dad's Caucasian and my mom's Indian, her grandparents came from India to American years ago while my mom's mom was still a kid. I haven't really lived a big cultural life, we're a typical American family despite the cultural mixology. My brother's more white than Indian. I'm the one who looks quite brown in our family but honestly I don't mind it. My dad now works as an accountant for Cartier Industries, a billion dollar tech company and an offer my dad clearly couldn't pass up here in California. I was upset at the beginning about the news mainly because this summer mostly sucked but I'm hoping tomorrow is the day to change all of that. With that and my new found curiosity, I decided to go for an evening stroll, something I wasn't used to. Walking down the Santa Monica Pier there were so much I hadn't seen, now I'm sorry I stayed locked up in my room all summer. The colors, the light, and the ocean were unlike anything I ever saw back  in Ohio, then I came across Machiato's, a local coffee shop right across the beach so I decided to see what they had to offer.