Chapter 12 It's All Or Nothing

Today is my big day, my audition for Sophie. I'm excited and kind of nervous for today. What if I forget the words on stage ? That's never actually happened to me before but what if today is the first. Anyways, I tried my best to take out all negative thoughts from my brain and just remember that this is my moment to do what I was born to do, PERFORM. All I had to do today was get through History class with Miss Gibbs and then its audition time. The class felt a little long today but I guess it's because of all the excitement surrounding today. The bell rang which meant my moment had arrived. I met Izzie in the hallway who wished me luck before entering the auditorium. All I had to do was impress Miss Han, the Drama teacher, and Adam Gomez, the student director. "Catherine Stark, make your way to the stage, please." I took one final breath before walking to the stage, forgetting that all students are welcomed to spectate, I had a large audience in front of me to seek approval from. I took one look at the judges before I began my song. "Unleash your Rachel Berry," I said to myself before starting the first verse.

"I've seen the world, done it all, had my cake now

Diamonds, brilliant, and Bel Air now

Hot summer nights, mid-July

When you and I were forever wild

The crazy days, city lights

The way you'd play with me like a child

Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Dear Lord, when I get to Heaven

Please let me bring my man

When he comes, tell me that you'll let him in

Father, tell me if you can

All that grace, all that body

All that face makes me wanna party

He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?

Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul?

I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will

Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?"

I sang with all that's left in my body, luckily it was enough I got a standing ovation. My first standing ovation in California, could this really be my year for dreams actually coming through. Because nothing else felt more right. Basking in my glory at what just happened at the corner of my eyes I saw Owen. Standing and cheering for me. People may wonder what the quarterback is doing at an event like this, I thought wow he actually remembered and came to see me, says a lot about the King of the school if you ask me. After I exited the auditorium, Izzie came running up to me telling me how good of a job I did, and knowing that the cast list would be posted after school. Being the best friend that Izzie is, she encouraged me to skip fourth period, Geography, for a much longer lunch. We went on the Santa Monica farris wheel, we bought slurpees and ice cream and a bunch of fried chicken and cotton candy. Let's just say, it was a whole food fest that day. We made sure to come back in time for fifth period, English, which was the last class of the day. I honestly couldn't remember anything that happened in class that day since my brain was split between Owen and the cast list, but let's just say, those forty minutes went fast. As the bell rang for school, I raced out of class and down the hallway with Izzie not too far behind to see that I got the part, I actually got the part, I'm playing Sophie in the school's musical. It felt like a dream come true, like if I made it to Broadway or something. Me and Izz kept jumping up for joy. I didn't even take a look to see the other cast members, just seeing my name felt like enough like. I finally found my place here in California. While Izzie and I walked out of the school doors and into the parking lot, a little surprised waited for me outside. "I'll catch up with you later," Izzie said before walking off. I stood face to face with Owen, who embraced me with a hug "You were so amazing out there today. It was like watching a literal star shine, you were just perfect no wonder you got the part, also to answer your question....... Of course I'll still love when you're no longer young and beautiful because, no matter how old we get you will still always be young and beautiful in my eyes," He said while stroking my hair. I couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth, so I guess he really isn't so bad after all. "Also I got you a little something to say congratulations on getting the part," he says while pulling out a bouquet of flowers. I've never got flowers before, my dad's never done those stuff for me, he'd buy for my mom but never for me, so getting these today felt like something special. He then invited me over for dinner with his mom and younger brother Daniel to celebrate getting the part, and while I felt that this was for real this time, a part of me was still worried if it was gonna be another scam. Skeptical yet honored, I agreed on the dinner "My mom's making chicken risotto, a family favorite. You'll love it," He says while I walk off to head home.