Chapter 1: Meet the Family

A/N: Welcome back!! It's been a long time coming, but whoo!!! We're here!!! I've completely written this story, but only the first three chapters are edited and polished. Dw, I'll have all chapters perfect for y'all before they're out. For now, please enjoy this first chapter ❤️❤️

Warnings: violence and blood, also no Footloose scene I'M SORRY (Viktor identifies as female in this chapter because I don't want to take away from his coming out)

Word Count: 6384

On the twelfth hour of the first day of October 1989, sixteen women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible--

He got eight of them.

-------------------------------------------------

The day when everything had shifted into chaos started out as normal. (Y/N) Hargreeves strutted out of the shopping center she had spent the best part of her day in, her collection of shopping bags filling her hands and hanging from her forearms. Her hair and skin welcomed the sweet April breeze that crossed her path, sending a smile to her done-up face. She was more than ecstatic to get home, she had so many new clothes to try on.

Her pace didn't slow nor did her strut falter as citizens around her perked up at her appearance. If her beautiful face wasn't recognizable enough to the public, then the Sparrow Academy uniform definitely was.

Each of the eight wore their uniforms in their own style. Jayme and Fei preferred pants to the normally required skirt, but Sloane and (Y/N) kept to their skirts, though (Y/N)'s was shorter than her sister's. She could never stand the suit jackets, so she took to wearing a cropped one instead. She wouldn't be caught dead in that horrible blue sweater, either, so she opted for a white button-up.

Anyone who knew her, and everyone knew who she was, knew that (Y/N)'s appearance mattered more than anything to her. If she wasn't turning heads and dropping jaws, then she might as well not have woken up for the day. Crime-fighting was only a "side gig", as she'd call it. Shopping wasn't a hobby and it definitely was not a waste of time. She was doing society a favor by fretting over her hair and applying lip gloss and adjusting her clothing. She had to have their attention. She just had to.

"(Y/N)!"

Several shouts and cheers came from all sides as civilians ran up to her, holding out papers and books and arms for her to sign, each person providing a pen or marker for her to write with. (Y/N) kept her smile wide and her gaze forward as she continued to walk, collecting more and more fans as she went.

"We love you, (Y/N)!"

"Can I have your autograph?"

"(Y/N), you look amazing today!"

"Please, can you sign my poster?"

She sped up her pace and shifted the bags in her hands. "Sorry, angels. I can't give any autographs out today." She rounded a corner, sending the crowd of people a half grin over her shoulder. "My hands are full."

Upon entering the mansion she called home, (Y/N) was immediately bombarded with the blaring of the alarm that sounded throughout the house. Irritably huffing, she sang out a three-note tune, summoning an exact clone of herself from her shadow. It blankly stood before her, awaiting an order.

"Here," She stretched her arms out to the clone. "Take these bags to my room. That will be all."

Without a word, the clone retrieved the shopping bags and mechanically turned away, walking towards the staircase that led to the bedrooms. (Y/N) turned to a nearby mirror and adjusted her hair and clothes before peeking into the parlor. The sight within was the last thing she would have ever expected.