Chapter 19: Oblivion

A/N: Happy holidays, y'all! One more chapter!!

Warnings: character death (Klaus, ya know), violence, blood, mentions of blood and death/dying

Word Count: 5130

(Y/N)'s mind was in a frenzy as she barreled down the passageway that glowed in a white patterned light along the walls. She placed her hands on the wall to steady herself so as to not crash into Allison in front of her. She wasn't certain who was behind her, but she only hoped it was Five or Klaus.

From the front of the line, Lila kicked open the door on the other side of the passageway, the group spilling into the room. Perhaps it was her mind running wild, but (Y/N) was almost certain they had gone in a circle. Despite her limited time in the Buffalo Suite, though, she did notice some differences with the room. The paintings had changed, the furniture was completely different. The biggest difference was the buffalo head that was once over the mantelpiece was now the tail end of a buffalo.

"Let's never do that again." Viktor panted.

"What? Narrowly escaped the apocalypse?" Five sarcastically asked.

"Yeah, that's kind of our thing, isn't it?" Diego mumbled as he inspected the room, harpoon at the ready. As he returned to the group, Ben was staring at the buffalo before them in wonder, swatting the tail of it with his hand.

"There's something very wrong about that..."

"Same suite, just ass-backwards." Lila informed.

"No hyperbole there." Five frowned.

"This is some hardcore Alice in Wonderland shit." Ben gasped. Diego tightly smiled.

"Yeah, it only gets weirder."

From the open door, the final passenger of the caravan bolted into the room. Breathing heavily, Reginald shut the door and leaned against it. "At last," He breathed. "The other side..."

(Y/N) shook her head and looked around the room. "Hold- Hold on. Where's Klaus?"

"Children, I'm sorry, but your brother..." He trailed off for a second. "I did all I could, but he didn't make it through in time. The Kugelblitz has claimed its last victim."

"Bullshit, he just helped me through! How did you make it and he didn't?!" She raged. "We're going back to get him!"

"There's nothing to go back to, my child." He went to place a hand on her shoulder, but she moved away quickly, standing at Five's side, who gently held her as his venomous stare fixated on Reginald. The old man sighed in disappointment. "Children, there will be time for tears later. Right now, we have to keep moving."

Reginald brushed past them all to leave the room and enter the hotel. When he was gone, everyone took a second to let everything sink in.

"Wait. Luther and Klaus?" Viktor whispered in disbelief. They had lost two more members of their team. It was becoming surreal. More surreal than the incoming apocalypse they had just dodged.

When the lot of them finally decided to follow their father, they all ended up in the lobby. The Hotel Oblivion had much more of a polished hotel decor than Obsidian did, with its shiny checkered floors, lack of tacky furniture, even the pillars shone orange instead of blue.

"You guys should've stayed here." Ben grinned as they walked further into the lobby. "This place is way nicer."

"Lila and I barely got out alive last time. Remember?"