Chapter 20: Que Será, Será

A/N: And finally, Chapter 20!! Thank you to everyone who has given this series your love and support. It honestly means everything in the world to me that you guys read and enjoy it. This series is like my first-born child and I have a very deep connection with it. The writing process for this third installment was so fun and satisfying; this was probably some of the most fun I've had writing this series. I have no idea what the final season has in store for us, but I just hope it's a happy ending so I don't have to worry too much about Five and Reader. But until then, I hope you enjoy the final chapter of To Nightfall! Thank you all so much, happy new year and much love to you beautiful people ❤️❤️

Warnings: character death, violence, blood, mentions of death/dying

Word Count: 6640

The lights within the practically turned-over laundry room sparked as the guardian stood from the ground and dragged its katana back to its side. Surrounding it were about ten of (Y/N)'s clones, all lifelessly scattered around the floor. On the other side of the room, behind the dryers, was Sloane, (Y/N), Five and Ben, all taking cover. All of them sported some kind of face wound, except for Ben.

"You, (Y/N) and countless of her clones have hit him with your axes countless times. He should be dead by now." Ben glared at them, as if they were the issue.

"It's the armor," Five informed. "It's hitting like cement."

"There's a space," Sloane explained. "Between the backplates."

(Y/N) elevated herself a bit to look over the dryer, her ax still clutched in her hands. "We need to get behind him."

"Let's kill this thing." She nodded and stood to her feet.

"Sloane, wait-"

"Hey, asshole!"

Before they could stop her, she ran out of cover. Five grabbed (Y/N) and blinked away as Sloane ran up on the wall. The guardian turned to her and, like it was nothing, flung a knife towards her. She cried out in pain when her exposed waist was slashed, resulting in her crashing to the ground. The guardian roared and marched up to her.

Just as it was about to attack her, Five's whoosh sounded from behind it. Hearing the whoosh, the guardian turned and struck Five across the face, sending him to the ground. (Y/N) gasped and dodged the swing of its katana, running to stand behind it. However, she wasn't fast enough and ended up being forcefully kicked to the other side of the room. She screamed out in pain when her back and head came into contact with the wall, the girl nearly knocked out cold when she hit the washer below her, then the ground.

She painfully lifted her head to meet the end of a katana, her demise staring her right in the face. Her heart rate increased as she tried to move quickly, but every part of her body ached too much to move. She whimpered as the guardian lifted its weapon high in the air.

Its attention was taken off of her when several tentacles wrapped around its body. The three turned their heads to see that Ben had emerged from cover and was using his power to hold the guardian back. He yelled with the strain put on him as the guardian struggled against the tentacles. His yells turned into cries of pain when the guardian ripped itself free, tearing apart the tentacles. As soon as they were injured, they retreated back into Ben's body for recovery. He glared up at the guardian as it turned its back to the three, rushing up to Ben with his katana at the ready.

Opponent right where she wanted it, (Y/N) forced herself to her feet with a grunt and a groan. She scooped her ax into her hands and ran up on the guardian, swinging down and hitting it in its weak spot in its back. It abruptly dropped its weapon and fell to its knees, face-planting into the ground with the ax sticking out from its back.