Backstory~The Lawnmower Ruined Everything

The Lawnmower Ruined Everything
*outfit in picture above*

Astraea's Pov

Hi. I'm Astraea. Maybe you can pronounce it. Ah-stray-ah. Easy. My parents considered me a troubled child. I have two other siblings, twins, and they're the light of my parents' life. Me on the other hand, not so much. Right now my dad is on a business trip and is coming home in two days. My mother is out with my siblings at the shopping mall. I would have also gone shopping but I'm grounded for getting a 63 on a history test. I wanted to change my parents' minds about me so I decided to do something nice. Besides, the backyard was looking sort of like a jungle. I put on my shoes and went outside. I opened the garage to find the new, limited edition, "super duper" (as my dad called it), lawnmower. It was super duper and limited because it came with cupholders and a hand sanitizer dispenser. Why would my dad buy that, why does he need it. I got it running and took it out. I started mowing the lawn and everything was a-ok. That was until I ran into a hole that the stupid turtle living in our backyard had created. The wheel got stuck and next thing I know, there's smoke coming from the mower. Shit. I quickly ran inside the house to get the fire extinguisher and ran out. I heard two cars pulling in the driveway and assumed my mom and sisters were home, as well as my dad, home early from his business trip. Double Shit. Before I arrived at the mower the whole thing burst into flames, and a grass fire had already taken over half of our yard. Triple Shi- My thoughts were interrupted as the fence gate had burst open. My family's mouths had dropped in shock. They must have seen the smoke. "Astraea!" My dad had erupted with anger. I could see the smoke and fire coming from his ears and nose. He reminded me of Donald Duck. "Get in the house! NOW!" Was the last thing I heard before racing to my room. I watched from my bedroom window as my dad and mom desperately tried to extinguish the fire. My sisters ran in the house, afraid to be burnt and by then the firemen had already arrived and put out the fire. This was it for me. My parents thanked the firemen and the firemen left. By then the whole neighborhood- and then some, were gathered around outside our house. Our whole lawn had been burnt, and the lawnmower- we don't speak of the lawnmower. My parents slowly turned around and walked in the house. My mom went to tell my sisters something and my dad walked into my room. He started yelling and I wasn't really paying attention, still in shock myself, and then I heard it. "You better pack your bags young lady, because tomorrow, you're going to Cairnholm, Wales!" With that, he had closed my door, and left my room. My mind was rushed with thoughts, and they weren't very pleasant ones either. Wales? I haven't even heard of there. Is that even a real place? Is there even cell service? Or burgers? Why am I being sent there, what is there? A jail? A haunted house? AUNT MACY?? Please don't be aunt Macy. I got up, grabbed my suitcase, opened it, and just stared at it. I was still in shock from the last 3 hours. So much had happened. I decided to pack my bags, so my parents wouldn't get more mad then they already were. An hour later I had finished packing my bags, and threw them on the floor. By then it was 9;36 pm and my whole family was already asleep. A bit early but, at least I have the whole house to myself now. I slowly opened my door and walked out, careful to not step on any of the noisy floor planks. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing some of yesterday's leftover chinese food. Yum... I walked back to my room and sat on my bed. I put on the TV and decided to rewatch season 2 of Stranger Things. I started to eat my food and quickly fell asleep, TV on and a box of cold noodles in my hands.

734 words! It's not meant to be good, this is my first time actually trying to succeed in something :D, Chapter One up soon!