Chapter Three~Big Arrival

Chapter Three

Astraea’s Big Arrival

It was like seven something in the morning when I, the sleeping beauty, first woke up. I was in shock wondering how I woke up so early but that is a conversation for another day. When I got out of my bed I was going to put on my slippers to avoid walking on this disgusting floor which, fyi, looks like it hasn’t been properly cleaned since the 80’s. With the moldy, rotten, geometric design carpet and the dark, dirty colors- but I’m not here to tell stories about the carpet now. Am I? But yeah, I was about to put on slippers when I realized I had fallen asleep in my socks. I must have been quite tired to fall asleep in my socks, I never do that! I personally get way too hot to sleep in my socks. I made my way to the hell hole they call the bathroom and decided to brush my teeth. I turned the sink on and the water didn’t come out of the sink. Wow, is this place so old that the plumbing doesn’t work? Long story short I ended up using a water bottle to brush my teeth. Once I had brushed my teeth and gotten back in the bedroom area of the room, I decided that if I’m going to some weird orphanage I might as well actually try today with my appearance! So, I brushed my hair nicely and was going to curl it but decided against it because I’m pretty sure I’d start an electrical fire with how old this place is. So I just brushed my hair and let my natural curls shine through today. I put light blue hair clips in my hair and put on a little necklace. I put on a flowy white dress and a little blue sweater because my dress’s sleeves consisted of spaghetti straps and it was a little cold today. I put on any shoes that matched my outfit and grabbed my purse and bags, and can’t forget my phone, and set off trying to find a way to my destination. I clearly stuck out like a sore thumb because of my clothes and the fact I was just circling the small town. It took me like two hours to get dressed because I couldn’t decide on an outfit and then I had been walking around for a little over an hour. I looked down at my phone and saw it was already almost 9:43. (hehe see what I did there? 9=september and 43=1943, the year the movie was set in :D)

I had walked around for a little more until I decided I was a little hungry and I stopped at this little cafe for some brunch. When I was leaving the cafe I saw some random teenager and asked if he could show me the way to the children’s home. The boy looked at me as if I was insane and said no and started to walk away. But, at this point I was desperate so I sighed and started to walk back over to him and then I offered to pay him 20 dollars and clearly he perked up at the sound of that! So he started walking and I followed him and it looked as if he led me to the woods in the middle of nowhere. And that is exactly what he had done. I turned around to ask him where on earth we were and he was gone. Little fucker. He took the fudging money and left. I never knew people were such assholes! Oh wait, I almost forgot about my family there for a second. I felt my forehead had a droplet of water on it and soon after that, it started pouring. Like, raining cats and dogs pouring. Great! Just my luck! I had found a little cave to hide in and spent a few hours in there with wet bags and clothes, and let's not forget my hair! By the time the rain slowed down a little I was pretty tired and decided I didn’t want to even bother finding my way back. I just decided to go a little deeper in the cave and find a nice place to rest. I started walking for a little and felt as if I were to pass out. I was so tired and cold I could just fall asleep right here! But, I saw a little light at the end of the cave and with all the might I had left, I started walking. My eyelids started feeling heavy and I was drifting in and out of consciousness. I was just about to exit the cave and all of a sudden it was very warm and sunny. What the hell? I realized that all of a sudden my clothes and hair were dried but as soon as I exited that cave, I fell to the ground and right before I hit the ground, I felt a pair of arms catching me and I remember seeing warm, brown eyes, filled with worry, looking straight at me. 

Enoch’s Pov

I was sitting underneath my tree- Yes, MY tree, working on my homunculi when all of a sudden I heard very faint footsteps and looked to see what they were and I saw the most beautiful girl- start tumbling towards the ground? I quickly jumped into action and caught her in my arms. The moment I caught her, her eyes closed. “Ms. Peregrine! Ms. Peregrine!” I had started yelling and carrying the girl, running to find Ms. Peregrine while being careful not to drop the mystery girl. “Enoch O’Connor! Why on earth are you yelling like a crazed man and- Oh my, who is this?” Miss Peregrine had started to question me and before I had the time to answer she said, “Nevermind that now, just follow me to the guests room and lay her on the bed.” I had followed her orders and laid her on the bed, she had told me to stay here as she goes to get Emma and grab some stuff for the girl. I looked at the girl and thought she was a fallen angel. She was so… beautiful, gorgeous, completely angelic. She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Of course, I have lived with the same people practically my whole life. I did not know this girl's name, or anything about her, but at that moment I knew that as long as we would live, which would be a very long time, I would always, always, protect this girl. 

A/N: Hey y’all! I know, I know, it’s been a while, but I've been very busy and I apologize for not updating but yay! The love birds meeeetttttttt!!!! 

1140 words