Chapter One~Im Packing Up My Crayons And Leaving

Chapter One

Im Packing Up My Crayons And Leaving

*outfit above*

Astraea's Pov

It was exactly 8:36 in the morning when my alarm went off. Ring! Ring! I hit snooze and slowly tried to fall back asleep. As soon as I fell back asleep- My door burst open. My dad throws a pillow at me as I hide under the covers. "Up! Hope you have your bags packed!" He shut the door, only for a minute later to burst right in again. "Also, breakfast is ready so get dressed and head downstairs, let's get this show on the road." He then shut the door. I got up and got dressed, throwing on any random grey sweatpants and baggy shirt, if I was on my way to- wherever, I'd at least want to be comfortable. I got the last of my bags and brought them downstairs. "Finally you're here, it only took you half of eternity." "At least I'm not the one who had a bowl cut in the third grade." I replied, with a strong sense of sarcasm in my tone. "Oh yeah? At least I'm not the one with a, what was it? A 63? On a history test. And dont forget the part where you blew up dad's lawnmower, and now they're sending you to an orphanage. You're no longer a U.S. girl, you're a UK girl." I rolled my eyes as I sat down across from my sister Lora, and next to my other sister Cora. Good thing I was next to Cora, if I was next to Lora, we would have had another little cat fight. My mom was giving me the silent treatment still, and my dad was burning a hole into my skull as he gave me "the look." "So Astraea, have you got all your bags packed and ready to be loaded into the trunk?" I looked surprised, as those are the first words that my mother has said to me since yesterday. Uh- yeah. My bags are packed and are by the front door waiting to be put in the trunk. "Good because we don't have all day to wait for you to pack your bags, just like we didn't have the time for you to take that long to get ready." I looked up at my mom, looking at her expression which was blank and empty, telling why she had just said such a rude and uncalled for remark. As I stuffed eggs into my mouth my knotty, dark brown hair fell into my face, considering I had tilted my head down to stab my food with my fork, and then- and only then did I realize that I had forgotten to brush my hair. I quickly shot up from my chair, and started to rummage through one of my bags. "Astraea- what on Earth are you doing now?" Well, I am trying to find my- I stopped speaking as I had pulled out my- My hairbrush of course! Earlier I forgot to brush my hair. With that, I had surprisingly quickly eaten the last of my toast and eggs and ran upstairs to brush my hair. I quickly started to brush my hair while my parents yelled "Hurry up!" and, "Astraea, no need to primp, just get down here, we're leaving now!" God my parents could be so annoying at times- "Hurry Up!" Ugh! I cannot be bothered- "I'm coming!" As I had hollered back a response I ran downstairs, grabbed my phone and purse, and ran to the front door. I took a step into the front lawn, turned back to close the door, and speed-walked towards the car. The car was 16 years old now- I don't even know how it is still running- but it works. I opened the door and hopped into the car. As I started to buckle my seatbelt I slammed my door shut and with that, we were off. About one hour into the car ride we had taken a pitstop to get gas and go to the bathrooms, the twins were quite literally about to pee their pants. My dad got out to get gas and Lora and Cora had already leapt out of the car. "DIBS!" "THAT'S NOT FAIR!" Lora had tried to get in front of Cora, but Cora had already been in the bathroom. "DAMN IT CORA IF YOU TAKE YOUR 20 MINUTE LONG, RACEHORSE PEES, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Jeez- no need to expose her like that. I pulled out the 20 bucks my dad had given me for snacks and went off on my way. 10 minutes later I had purchased with those 20 dollars, a bag of family sized cheetos, a bottle of coke, some barbecue chips, and a pack of cinnamon flavored gum. I walked back to the car and got in. I handed my dad the last of his money, while my sisters had already taken the bottle of coke and were drinking it. "Do not spill that in the car, otherwise you're cleaning it up!" "We won't mom" As Lora said that I could tell she was rolling her eyes, just by the tone in her voice. 30 minutes later Lora, Cora, and I had already fallen asleep. I mean you can't blame us, we still have another 5 hours to go. And that was just to the airport to drop me off there. Then I had to fly for hours and hours just to get to some shitty orphanage on some remote island, that I didn't even know existed until last night. Maybe two hours later I had heard my mother and father saying something, but because I was so tired I only heard mumbles. "Are we doing the right thing?" "I don't know..." "Maybe we should..." Was the last thing I heard before blacking out, once more. I awoke to the feeling of being shook around. If I open my eyes to Cora shaking me I swear. I woke to Cora shaking me. "Hey twerp, wake up! We're here and this is your final destination. See you never!" Jerk. I never liked Cora or Lora anyways, they were stuck up assholes. "I would say I'll miss you, but that would be lying, and I am not a liar. Bye Astraea." "Shut your mouth Lora, I never asked for your opinion." I said, honestly quite proud of my response. Then she answered back. "And I shared it anyway." I definitely won't miss her. Or any of my family, for that matter. My mother I never really related to, my sisters were always jerks, and my dad was always away on business. They all thought of me as a nuisance. "Goodbye Astraea, hope you don't screw up the life of whoever adopts you just like you screwed up ours." I didn't even have to look at my father's face to know he was happy he was rid of me. I took my bags and that was that. I was alone, completely, and utterly, Alone.

Hope you guys like it! 1179 words!
A/N: What are your opinions on Lora and Cora?