Seven

"Since, we have the projector, how about we watch a movie?" Sunaina suddenly suggested with puppy eyes, but both Niharika and Arjun groaned, "We got really little sleep these last days, please let us sleep."

"Please, please, just one movie! I haven't watched one, long." Sunaina nagged.

"Okay, Okay!" Niharika agreed making Arjun and Ranvijay sigh. "What should we watch??"

"HORROR!!!" Sunaina screamed, and almost at the same time, Arjun and Niharika shrieked together, "NO Way".

"Why, horror movie is fun," Ranvijay who silent until now spoke, "I am up." He said brushing the loose strands of hair away from Niharika's face.

"In the middle of night! Are you mad??" Niharika said.

Arjun too chimed in, "I agree, we shouldn't."

Sunaina challenged, "Don't tell me you are afraid of Horror movies."

"Not at all, what do you think of me?" Arjun challenged back.

"Then watch with me!" Sunaina said with a dirty smirk.

"But I don't want to!" Niharika said annoyed.

Ranvijay put his arms around her, saying, "Don't worry, you will be okay. Sunaina, choose the movie."

They all settled down in their living room floor, with blankets, sitting with their backs resting on the sofa.

Ranvijay, Niharika, Sunaina and Arjun. Since, Sunaina again challenged Arjun to sit with her, if he is not scared to sit without his brother. And Arjun with his big fat ego, exactly stepped in her trap.

All sorts of mischief were pooling in Sunaina's head one by one.

On the other hand, Arjun was silently praying to God, "Please save my respect in front of this nasty cat, God. I promise I won't lie to bhai about smoking anymore."

The other couple seemed quite, Niharika wound her hand around Ranvijay's arm, placing her head on Ranvijay's shoulder, whispering, "If I die by heart attack, you will be blamed."

Ranvijay just looked at her softly, and circled his arm around Niharika, bringing her frame closer to his.

"Eww, this is a horror movie guys, stop being cringey, " Sunaina scrunched her nose at them.

Ranvijay haughtily replied, "Stop being jealous and get yourself a boyfriend already."

Arjun burst into laughter but soon swallowed it at Sunaina's glare.

The movie started. The beginning was pretty normal. The first 30 minutes went okay with mild shrieks-screams and guest appearance of the Main Character aka The Ghost.

Arjun took a cushion in the name of relaxing but he actually acquired the weapon if anything goes south.

"AAaarregayaaahhhhaaayyyhhhhhh", both Arjun and Niharika screamed together at the scene of the Ghost decapitating the head of its first prey. Arjun covered half his face with the cushion, his eyes only peeking at the screen, whereas, Niharika buried her face screaming in Ranvijay's neck. Sunaina and Ranvijay unaffected though.

In the following scenes, Ranvijay's hand was ready to cover her eyes beforehand any scary scene.

Another 20 minutes in the movie, Niharika fell asleep, on Ranvijay's shoulder hugging him, her knees closer to his thighs. "Guys, you continue, I will go and make Niharika lie in the bedroom, she is in deep sleep. She will suffer from bad neck pain if she sleeps in this position." Ranvijay said them, gently lifting Niharika in his arms, Niharika cuddled to his chest in sleep.

(In the bedroom)

Ranvijay gently lied her on the bed. He feathered her head once, but when he tried to move away, Niharika caught him, she sleepily told him, "Don't go, I will be scared to sleep alone."

Ranvijay reasoned, "We don't have extra room, where will they sleep, I should sleep outside."

Niharika dismissed him, "Go out when Sunaina comes to sleep, till then stay." Ranvijay agreed slipping by her side, Niharika put her head on his chest hugging him to sleep. Ranvijay too fell asleep.

(In the living room)

As soon as, Ranvijay left with Niharika, Sunaina literally saw her plans coming to effect. With a evil smile, she said to Arjun, "I will come back in a moment."

"Where are you going?" Arjun asked without moving his eyes from the screen.

"Washroom."
"Okay, come soon."

Sunaina smirked and went towards the kitchen to collect her weapons.

Arjun was way too engrossed in the screen, when a drop landed on his hand. The cold sticky liquid, made all his hairs straight up towards ceiling. He slowly looked at his hand, "Aahhhahahahahahhhhhhhh", his soul left his body looking at the red liquid on his hand.

Sunaina ever so innocently came at sit beside him, "What happened, did I miss anything?"

Arjun still in a squeaky voice, "Lo-look at my h-haand, Su-Su-Sunainaa..."
Sunaina still in her act, "What's wrong?"

"You-u caa-ca-can't see it-t????" (Arjun)

"See what Arjun? I don't understand, your hand is all good. What's the matter?" (Sunaina)

Arjun was mortified, he was too scared to even touch it. He shakily went to the kitchen sink to wash his hand, but as soon as he opened the tap, the water coming out was blood red in colour.

He screamed, "Sunaiiiiiinaaa...."

"What happened now" Sunaina asked from her place. "The water, the water is red", but as soon as he looked back, the water was clear. "You have gone mad Arjun, just go to the washroom and pee yourself." Sunaina sassed at him.

Too scared to use the kitchen sink, he quickly went inside the washroom to wash his hand.

But as soon as he entered the bathroom, Sunaina came running like a Cheetah and locked it from outside. She started playing horrific ghost squeals inside the bathroom using a bluetooth speaker, all the while switching the light on and off.

"Sunaina if you are doing this, it's not funny! Sunaina answer me!"

Sunaina remained quiet continuing her mischief. On the other hand, Arjun was scared to his core. In fear he started shouting, "aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh bhaiiiiii save me..   bhaaaiiiiiii, bhabhiiiiiiii, nihaaariikaaaa, bhaiiiii, sunainaaaa,, ahh ahhh ahhh ahhhhaaaaaaaaaa bhaaaiiii..."

Both Niharika and Ranvijay jerked up from their sleep, and both ran towards the bathroom to find Sunaina pretending to sleep on the couch. They rushed towards the bathroom, and opened its door to find, Arjun screaming on top of his lungs, with his eyes forced closed.

Ranvijay came in front of him, startling him, "Arjun, what's wrong?"

Arjun although got scared at first, he hugged Ranvijay tightly in fear, "Bhai, bhai, there's a ghost, bhai. Save me."

With all these happening, the red sauce on his hand has smudged off. Ranvijay and Niharika consoled him saying, everything is okay.

Ranvijay and Arjun slept at the room that day, and Niharika slept with Sunaina outside.

In the middle of the night when, Arjun put his hand over his eyes to sleep, he smelt the ketchup. Confused he sniffed at it again. Suddenly, everything made sense. "Just wait and watch, Sunaina Mehra. Just wait."