Twenty Four

"What did you just say?" Arjun asked still shocked, his arms hanging, mid air. He totally forgot to hug her back, listening to her words.

Sunaina had her face hidden in his chest, she smiled and attempted to hide herself more into him.

Arjun nudged her, trying to see her face. The more he tried, the more she hid herself in him.

"Sunaina, please, tell me, I didn't hallucinate." His voice sounded hoarse and pathetic, like he could break any time.

Hearing his frustration, Sunaina peeked her head out of his embrace. A soft glow emanating her features. She went on her tiptoe, grabbing his nape, she slowly dragged her lips from his cheeks to his ears, and ever so softly whispered, "I love you." She dragged her way back and left a kiss on his cheek. She pulled back to look at him.

Arjun's world has stopped the moment she has whispered her confession in his ears. He searched for any trace of false hope in her eyes, but he fell even deeper instead. He hugged her tightly hiding his face in the crook of her nape.

"If I knew this would happen, I would have eloped long ago." Arjun whispered in her neck with a smile. Sunaina smacked his back real hard. "Ouch!" That made Arjun break out from the hug. "Woman, I will sue you for domestic violence!"

She challenged back, "I will see you try."

"By the way, how did you enter? Heck, how did you even enter the complex, I am sure, the security never allows anyone unknown without the resident's knowledge!" Arjun asked.

Sunaina gave her million dollar snarky smile and plopped on his couch. "I climbed over your wall." Arjun sat beside her, amused, "What?"

She replied, "Yeah, I climbed over the compound wall, thank god I took the back stairs. I just did that for pure thrill, shit, if I had come from the front, the security would've already informed you."

"And how did you enter my apartment?" He asked, "Where's your shoe?"

"Oh, I saw your mother's shoes outside, and thought you have brought a girl, so brought mine just to beat you with it. It's there in your kitchen." She replied, "And, Ranvijay gave me spare keys for your apartment. "

Arjun looked at her in pure shock. "So, you sneaked in my apartment, that too with the help of my very own brother, and you brought your dirty sandals in to beat me! Wow!" He said disappointedly.

Sunaina threw herself on him, but he only sulked. "I love you na!" She said and kissed his cheek once again. "No, you can't take advantage of that!" He complained. "Then, what can I do to take your advantage?" Sunaina said without a moment's hesitation. Arjun tsked, "Are you flirting, Ms. Sunaina Mehra? You can kiss my other cheek, then I can start to think."

"Aren't you getting too cheeky, Mr. Arjun Singh?" Sunaina looked at him amused. He just threw a bored agitated look. Sunaina got up and straddled his lap, she cupped his face, and left a trail of kisses right from his forehead, followed by his cheeks, eyes and nose. Arjun was a glowing with a  beautiful smile. Both of them maintained eyecontact, their eyes did the talking while they basked in the glory of a blissful silence. She carressed his cheeks with the thumb of her hand that was cupping his face. How much she has missed him in these painful days of separation. Nothing felt more right than this.

He circled her waist and hid his face in the crook of her neck. Only his God knows, how much he has craved for this moment, how much his heart is at ease! No his God doesn't know, or she would've been sitting in his lap long ago, gracing him wish to have her this close. Sunaina encircled her hands over his shoulders, resting her head on his. She was a bit taller in this situation.

Their moment was disrupted when Sunaina's phone started ringing. Both of them grumbled, too annoyed to move from their position. But, it kept ringing. Finally, a pissed Arjun said, "Please, answer it." Sunaina grumbled and sat up straight, but Arjun kept her hands on her hips, she answered the call, while still sitting on his lap.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, SUNAINA!" an angry Niharika shouted over the phone. "I am at Arjun's place." She replied. Pin drop silence prevailed over the phone. "Then, Get the balls to tell your mother about it too, instead of using my name you idiot! She called me earlier! You idiot! Just call her in the morning before leaving for office, I told her that you have already slept." Niharika didn't let her reply a word, and cut the call immediately after.

Arjun smirked at her, he clearly overheard the conversation, "What are you? A teenager? Using her bestie's name to stay at her boyfriend's lap!"

Sunaina smacked his chest hard, glaring at him. "Are you complaining?" "Nope, I am enjoying it as much as I enjoy bike rides at 3 a.m." He replied instantly. Sunaina hid her flushed condition saying, "I am hungry."

"Me too." Arjun said with hooded eyes. His hint didn't go unnoticed by Sunaina, she just looked at him baffled. Arjun has always been open about his wishes and desires. It was her who shied away from those situations. But, look at her sitting on the damn lap of her desires.

Arjun was sitting with back slouched against the headrest till now. He straightened his back, cupping her nape. He brought her face close to his level and pecked her lips. Sunaina drew in a sharp breath. Arjun pulled her even close to him by his other hand that was still around her waist.

His hand slightly carressed her nape, as their foreheads touched, both taking deep breaths, tension bleeding between them, urging them to close the distance. Sunaina's hand reached Arjun's chest, sliding down from his shoulder, she rubbed the area over his heart,  strong, erratic strums under her palm. This snapped Arjun from any hesitancy he was having. He straightened his neck and brought her face closer, slamming his lips on her.

She was breathless, and clutched on to his tshirt. Arjun sucked her lips, bending her head as per his convenience. Sunaina pushed him away bit, unable to breath at all, her fist again clenching his tshirt. Arjun looked at her flushed cheeks. All his. The bold and fighting Sunaina is red, sitting on his lap, all because of him.

He chased her lips again, pulling her lips in between his, sucking wildly. Sunaina was silently feeling his passion, all hot and red. She kissed him back, and that was all the encouragement Arjun needed. His tongue entered to claim his territory, making her a blushing mess. Sunaina failed to match the pace, but Arjun, like a starved man, kissed her with all the love he has for her, with every thing he has in him, breaking every ounce of patience he had preserved for this long.

.
.
.

________________________________________________

Hihihihi..  thank you for the immense love you have shown to my book, I am really thankful to all the verbal readers, voting and commenting and also to the passive readers, thank you so much for giving me a chance to cook up lovestories. If you like them, do share them with your other reader friends. Thanks a lot.💖

Lemme know, how you like it. Updates once a week!