Fifteen

"How you do this to me, I have no idea." Arjun sulked till hugging her.

Sunaina was generally an overthinker, if it were anyone else, she would've thought thousand times over. Heck, if it was some months ago, she wouldn't have believed herself hugging him. But, if something she was sure of in these few days, it was that she definitely had a soft corner for him. Love or not, there was indeed something. Something unavoidable, something irresistible.

She loosened the hug, and looked directly at Arjun. Arjun became a bit restless under her gaze.

She started heaving a sigh, "Arjun, I will be honest. I don't love you." Arjun was heart broken. He laughed, "I knew it! See, this is why you should never love some.. Ouch!" Sunaina slapped his chest and pulled his ear. "Will you please shut up and listen! Yeah, so I was telling I don't love you. " Arjun interrupted again, "Yeah, my ears are working fine, I heard it the first time."

Sunaina clicked her tongue being annoyed at him. Him stating this was irking her more than her accepting it. So, she shut his mouth, covering his lips with her hand. "So, as I was saying," rephrasing her sentence, "I may not be clear about the idea of love with you now, but, I know for sure that I have a soft corner for you in my heart, and if you are okay with it, I wanna explore it with you. But, dare you play with me, I will shove your reputation up your *** so hard, that you will die out of over toxicity in your intestine and exhaustion due to lack of ability of sitting. Understand?"

Arjun was assessing her words, and it dawned on him, that Sunaina was suggesting that she might like him. He removed her hand and asked trying to confirm his suspicion, "So, are you saying that you like me?"

"You really are an idiot, Arjun. Ofcourse I do. That's what I just said." Sunaina was beyond agitated now. Her, accepting her feelings in such impromptu situation was not at all like her.

Arjun grinned like a kid, and lifted her, twirling in a circle. "Arjun...." Both of them squealed like kids.

He released her and looked directly into her eyes. "Just give me a chance. If I don't sweep you off your feet, Change my name."

Sunaina lifted her brow, smirking she said, "You sure, you haven't already?"

Arjun's heartbeat increased ten folds. Sunaina too realized, what she just did, she flirted with Arjun! Embarrassed she tried to manage the situation saying, "Yeah, I just was in air you know!"

Arjun cupped her chin, "I can see straight through you, you know."

"Huh, says the one, who ignored me almost for a month getting jealous over my crush." Sunaina too challenged.

"Oh so we were keeping track of time?" Arjun smirked now.

Flabbergasted Sunaina tried to come up with some excuse, but Arjun shut her off with his lips on here. This was Sunaina's turn to become shocked. Arjun left her chin and cupped her neck, deepening the kiss. Sunaina's eyes closed on her own accord. Her toes curled in their effect. She was never kissed with this much passion, her body lost control in the kiss. Arjun supported her body, with his other hand encircled around her waist. Sunaina clutched his shirt near his chest. His heart was pounding beneath her hand.

Arjun left her lips a bit, and touched her forehead with his. Both were breathing heavily. He whispered "I love you" on her lips, again claiming her lips into a fierce kiss. Sunaina too delved into him and kissed him back with the same passion.

Lost in the haze, Arjun completely forgot to even spare some slack to breathing, breathless Sunaina pushed him a bit to breath. Sunaina said, "Have you forgotten chivalry for asking permission?"

Arjun cockily replied, "Pardon me, I was busy pleasuring a spit fire, and forgot to seek permission."

Having her Arjun back, Sunaina continued the banter, "You're forgiven this once. Thank God, I didn't slap you."

Arjun smirked, "Thank you God, that Sunaina got so limp by my kiss that she even forgot to breathe, and I had to hold her, or else my handsome face would've been destroyed."

Sunaina slapped his bicep once again. Arjun went forward to kiss her once again, when his phone rang interrupting him. One of his team members was calling him. He disentangled himself from Sunaina and answered the call, "Yes, Sudhir.
Ranvijay asked me to meet him. Okay. Now? Okay, I am going."

He noticed the time while cutting the call, they were up there for about an hour.

Sunaina's phone too pinged with a text. "Dhara texted me to meet Ranvijay now in the office. What happened?" Sunaina said lifting her eyes from her phone. "He too called me, I guess it must be something about the project promotion. Let's go."

They entered Ranvijay's office together, after Dhara confirmed that they are infact summoned together.

Ranvijay was placing his phone in a weird angle, when they entered his cabin, as if he was about to watch some movie. "Please sit down. I called you to discuss some office policy."

Arjun and Sunaina both got confused, Ranvijay continued, "I think our company needs some basic rules set down for the employees for efficient working. I am thinking of employing some rules and want your opinions on them, as you are two of the most competent heads of my company. One, if someone wants to avail Emergency leave after the exhaustion of their permitted leave, they will be granted so only if they agree to work those hours of leave overtime in some other consecutive days, or their pay would be deducted according to the number of leaves they take." Both of them nodded.

"Two, I think the office romance is going up day by day, and employees are cutting their working hours, spending time in canteen, kitchen or rooftops." Both Sunaina and Arjun paled. "So, I was thinking of implenting a no dating rule in the office."

Arjun almost instinctively cursed, "What the fuck! This makes no sense. Why can't we date?"

"Are you dating someone in the office, Arjun? Ranvijay cocked his eyebrows at Arjun.

Sunaina tried to handle the situation, "I don't think anyone would work more if they are prohibited from dating within the office. Infact it is natural to date within the office, when people are here together almost 7 8 hours a day."

"That doesn't answer my question, further, how do you think the efficiency when people are busy matchmaking?" Ranvijay countered.

Arjun was furious, "Not everyone is bore like you bhai, what is this stupid rule. If you don't allow me to love under your nose, I will rage a rebellion, I am warning you."

Ranvijay erupted in full blown laughter, "Are you aging backwards, Arjun? Are you a teenager that will assemble the kids against me?"

Arjun replied, "I have no other option, if you behave like the Mohabbatein Principal!"

"He is just pulling your legs!" Suddenly Niharika's voice filled the room.

Ranvijay replied at his phone screen with a bit of mock anger, "I shouldn't have included you in the plan, you could've let me have a bit more fun."

Arjun stood up from his chair angrily, "You were pranking us with Niharika on video call, what a brute! You interrupted my kiss, just to pull this stunt! Seriously? I am not talking to you bhai!" He charged towards the door, when Ranvijay called back, "Remove the lip stain first, you idiot!"

Arjun wiped his mouth, but nothing came out. He realized he was once again pranked by Ranvijay. He glared at him. And then looked at Sunaina, looking at her lap, her face was red in embarrassment.

"I will date your wife's bestfriend under your very nose! Stop me if you can!" Arjun said, stomping towards Sunaina, held her hand and exited Ranvijay's office and kept walking with her to a secluded place behind a pillar and twirled Sunaina to the front.

Sunaina looked at him, "I am way to embarrassed, Arjun!" Her face was looking like a puppy guilty of breaking a vase, that got caught. She covered her face with her hands. Arjun just smiled at her and brought her closer to his chest, and hugged her tightly, putting his chin over her head.