- | "assisted." { leo x nb } | A/N

A/N : all stories i write will be nb unless stated otherwise. i only ever see any tmnt/other tmnt au stories defaulted to fem pronouns/descriptions. so nothing here will be she/her unless stated otherwise. (ex: leo x fem).
ty for understanding. (lowercase intended.)

warnings: small abuse mentions, small sa mentions,

.
.
.
.
.

*3rd person POV.

its currently 9:37 pm, you're starting to a get a little tired from walking home from work. although your job isn't too far from your apartment, today was a busy day, which meant a lot of walking and moving around was involved. so your legs were already tired out before leaving the building.

you work at the well known restaurant (i forgot the name bare with me) owned by mr, murakami himself. if you're being completely honest, its a miracle you even got the job there in the first place. not only did you have absolutely no working experience, but you knew absolutely nothing about new york city to begin with. so getting to understand the regulars who show up everyday and stuff like that was tricky.

you only moved here in hopes of getting away from family that needed to go. family that never considered you .. well .. family. some saw you as a punching bag, others a fucking whore with no say in the matter.

you were happy you left. the reason you chose to come to new york of all places? you didn't know. you just felt as if the city was better for you.. maybe? or you felt a connection to it. you have no idea. all you know is that you're here now, and you're enjoying it so far.

you did hear the streets of NY are pretty dangerous at night as well, so i guess its a good thing you were trained in martial arts basically your whole entire life by your 'father.' not just in hand to hand combat.

you carried a tanto around with you, everywhere you go, its sheathed at your side, attached to your belt and hidden under your shirt or jacket, whatever you're wearing at the time. right now, a jacket. it is kinda cold.

after a small while, you see your apartment not too many buildings away, and without noticing you start to pick up your speed.

you finally got to the building next to your apartment, but before you could make it to your apartment, someone grabbed the hood of your zip-up and pulled you into the alleyway, throwing you at the dumpsters near the dead end.

"well would you look at that." stated the guy who had grabbed you, "it's the bitch who works for the blind man down the street." he growled. grinning, but clearly annoyed.

"what the hell do you want?" you ask standing to your feet, not necessarily in an angry tone of voice, more genuine than anything. you didn't want them to know you could actually do some damage. (you go, your majesty.)

"what do you think we want?" the man says, placing his hands in his jacket pockets, lifting his head slightly and looking down at you through his lower lashes.

"well i dont fucking know. why else would i ask?" you say, crossing your arms with an annoyed expression planted on your face.

"okay listen you bitch," he says, walking up to you and grabbing the collar of your jacket, shoving you onto the wall next to the both of you. your feet not touching the ground. "you're gonna give us what we want, with absolutely no questions asked, you got that?"

"why?" you ask, a smirk forming on your face.

"okay, bitch, thats it." he says, swinging his arm back, as if to punch you.

but before he could get the chance, you kneed him as hard as you possibly could into his lower abdomen, causing him to drop you and stumble back slightly. you took this as a chance attack, but before you knew it, the guy was already on the ground, knocked out cold.

your eyes widen slightly, then you look up at the other two men, seeing them also on the ground, groaning in pain.

"you okay?" you hear a voice say from the shadows. you look up, not scared, but curious. "well yeah." you cross your arms, annoyance playing clearly on your face. "i had it under control but whatever." you say, scoffing slightly and looking away from where the voice seemed to come from.

you hear a chuckle in response, and the *shing* of katanas being placed back into their holsters. "Names Leonardo, but Leo will do you just fine." the voice says, although you couldn't see him, you could just sense the wink.

"Y/N." you say back. "may i see the face of my so called.. 'savior?'" you say, smirking slightly and leaning back onto the wall you were pushed up against moments earlier.

"i mean, technically you can, but it'd probably be for the best if you didn't." Leo said, you pouted slightly "why not?" you asked curiously. "im not necessarily..." he hesitated "..normal."

"so?" you say, with a small 'are you serious' type scoff before hand. ".. soooo.. i'd probably scare ya." Leo said, a smirk able to be heard.

you laugh, causing him to pout but you couldn't see. "you literally just saved my life in a way. why would i be scared of you." you say amused.

there was silence, and then a chuckle. "so you do admit to me saving you?" Leo says, stepping out of the shadows, clear as day to you now. well technically night but whatever.

you laugh "i'd probably scare ya" you say in a mocking tone, looking right at Leos blue eyes. he was shocked "wait,,, you're not.. scared of me?" he said, clearly confused but relieved in a way.

"no," you say "no, im not, pretty boy." his face went slightly red at the name, but he tried to play it cool. "w-well thats new." he said, looking away and down at the ground beneath you two.  you laugh, "here," you say, handing him a card with your information on it. "hit me up sometime. you seem cool and i wanna get to know you." you smile, before heading out of the alleyway, grabbing the stuff you dropped along the way.

"yeah! .. um yeah .. yeah i'll do that." you hear him say, before you turn to and flash him a smile and then continue your walk towards your apartment.

you couldn't see it due to him being half in the shadows when you left, but he was extremely happy you had wanted to get to know him.

1120 words.