Chapter Three: [The Pollywog]

November 1984

Y/n's POV

"Y/n/n~" I groan. "Y/n~ Y/n. Y/N! WAKE UP!"

My upper body jolts up from my bed, my hands quickly shielding my eyes from the orange light pouring through the windows. My eyes quickly adjust to my surroundings and land on my brother leaning against the doorway.

"Wake up hoe. You're going to be late for school." I glance at my alarm clock on the bedside drawer before slumping back into the comfort of my silk pillows.

"School doesn't start until like two more hours!" I mumble out from the pillows as my conscience wanders off into the peaceful void of my mind.

"Yeah and I don't care." I feel a pair of hands latch onto my ankles, my eyes snapping wide open in realization. My body's suddenly dragged off my bed as I miserably try to grab onto my sheets and pillows to stay on. My butt hits the cold wooden floors before I rub my eyes in frustration. "How was Halloween?"

"What?"

"How was Halloween? You came home last night, tossed your candy bag to me, and passed out on your bed before you told me how it went." He recalled.

"It was... uh great," I answer, eyeing him suspiciously.

"How was it hanging out with that girl you mentioned yesterday? What was her name? Maddie? Marlene? Mari-"

"Max. Her name is Max." I interrupted him, still upset he woke me from my peaceful slumber. "And it was nice. We scared the boys with our costumes and everything."

There was a small silence that was broken when I turned my neck, a series of pops being heard.

"Oh gross." Ian looked at me disgusted.

"What do you want? You didn't wake me up two hours before school just to talk about my Halloween. Plus didn't you go to a party last night?" I interrogated him.

"Yeah, it was a bust. Too many cocky little high schoolers. They had good drinks though." He shrugged. "Anyways, I was craving coffee this morning and thought I could use some company. So... get dressed." He patted my head, making sure to ruffle my already messy hair.

I rolled my eyes as he left before getting up and stretching my back, another series of cracks being heard. I walked to the closet and picked out an outfit.

I grabbed blueish-grayish colored jeans, a black "The Smiths" t-shirt, and my worn-out converse shoes. I grabbed a few other things like a sports bra, underwear, white socks, and some jewelry before bringing it all into my bathroom and setting it on the counter. I grabbed my toothbrush and smeared a justified amount of toothpaste on it before brushing my teeth thoroughly

Afterward, I threw off what I was wearing and took a quick shower before hopping out and drying myself off with a towel. I put on my clothes and left my shirt untucked as I grabbed a hairbrush and started running it through my semi-wet hair. I clasp a silver necklace around my neck, place four unique rings on my hands, and put a silver bracelet on one hand and a black hair tie on the other.

I checked myself in the mirror to make sure I looked decent enough before quickly cleaning everything from the bathroom to my bedroom.

Mom was obsessed with everything being clean. So I had to make sure everything was perfect before I left or else I'd get a scolding as soon as I got back home.

"Y/n! Hurry up!" My brother's voice called from downstairs. "You're taking so long!"

I rolled my eyes as I stuffed a few more things into my backpack before slinging it on and walking out of my room and heading down the stairs.