Chapter Eighteen- Sleep

I don't own the song, but I won't tell you what it is until...
See if you can guess what it is! I've given you an extended line.

------------

"GET TO SLEEP!"

"I'm sorry..." Anti cowered slightly, tears pricking his eyes. "NO!... No... Not your fault! Just get to sleep... DON'T get out of bed!" Dark ushered Anti to his bed, tucking him in neatly. "You... Sleep too..." Dark hesitated but sighed and nodded. He was tired. He didn't want to DIE... So, he went to the other bed and flopped down.

He stared at the ceiling for a minute, not understanding his own stress. 

"Hmm... Hm, hm, hmm~ Hm, hm, hm, hmm~ hmm... hm... hm... hm, hm, hm, hm~" Anti's soft humming echoed through the room, soothing Dark. 

Dark added his voice to the tune, closing his eyes. After the song, he felt himself slip into a dreamless sleep.

------------

"DARK! WAKE UP, THEY'RE HERE!" 

Wilford barged into the room with no respect for privacy. He turned to see Anti and Dark sleeping like rocks. He huffed and went to Dark's bed first, shaking him roughly, "Darky! Those certain people are here! The owner of the manor should go down and greet them~!" 

With that, Dark grumbled, "ten minutes."

"Alright! Anti-!" "DON'T wake him up!" Dark snarled and shot up, shooing William out of the room. "Oh, okay! Sorry! See ya in a few!" Wil didn't fight it and went away, having done his job.

"Wha...? Who's... Here?" Anti shifted and drowsily stared at the ceiling. "Stay up here... Need sleep... Has guests... Bad guests... The Septics. I'll bring breakfast." Dark scowled at the mere thought of the bastards... Except a few, he supposed. Jameson was great... Henrik and Robbie were... Fine. But the rest of the idiots- including Sean- weren't always welcome.

"S... S̶̬̚̚E̷͉̹͛̚P̵̘̅́T̵͈͂I̶͙͖̐C̶̣̗̍͝S̸̟̙͑?̸͖̳̌!̷̧̒͋"

"Calm."

"...Okay... But not go down..."

"You don't have to. And if they come up here, I'll just kill them." Dark shrugged it off and grabbed his cane, heading out, not bothering to change because he accidently fell asleep in his suit...

Damn, he looked terrible...

In a... Well, 'terrible' sounds harsh, the fans would still swoon over him. 

He looked terrible in a 'this-is-the-worst-I've-ever-looked-and-I'm-still-hot' kind of way.

It made no fucking sense.

Dark made his way down the stairs, the sound of his shoes clicking on the steps alerted everyone to his presence.

Click... Click... Click...

Even through his slipping mind and the fact that he acts more like a child by the day... He was still intimidating as fuck.

"Hello. Sean, Henrik... Septics. Welcome."

Dark nodded to the creator and the owner of the Septics' house, then addressed the rest.

"Heya... Dark... How ya doing...? Heard Anti's doing well... That's... Nice..." Sean shrunk back under Dark's harsh gaze. Unlike his creator, Henrik wasn't afraid of the dark ego in the slightest, "ah, good morning, Dark. You zeem tired. I apologize about our zudden intrusion... Edward vanted me here, and I couldn't just leave zhese idiots alone... Zhen Sean vound out and vanted to come vith." The doctor explained calmly, hands in his pockets.

"It's... Fine. Just don't go into my office, and we should have no issues. And just so you know... While you're here, I don't guarantee your safety." Dark huffed like these were normal house rules and such. He moved on to get some breakfast for Anti. 

He had slept in, and Google had made breakfast for everyone- leaving the dark egos plates for when they came down. Seeing this, Dark quickly thanked the android and went upstairs with the plates.

The Septics could already tell this was going to be an... Interesting visit. 

Dr. Iplier and Illinois shared a look before looking back to their guests. Dr. Iplier gave a deep sigh.

"Alright, let's get you all caught up."