Chapter Eighty-Four- Big Sister Vibes

You had no idea where you were headed, but Celine was right when she said it gets colder. The cold pierced your skin and slowed you down.

You were getting too tired to run, lagging behind Celine by quite a bit. But you kept on. You could feel the damned beasts' breaths practically on your neck, they were way too close for comfort... But just far enough away for them to not be able to kill you that second. 

Unfortunately, that wasn't enough. They were bound to catch up to you eventually... But you had one thing on them if nothing else; you could climb. A plan was brewing in your head, but you didn't have the means to do it. You were just too close to the wolves to risk climbing.

"Celine...! I can't keep this up...!" You gave a small whine but continued on, trying desperately to at least catch up to her. She seemed to hear you but didn't respond. 

She growled, suddenly turning around and releasing hell on the mutts. She grabbed her gun and shot at them as you ran past her, fear striking your heart as you realized something a second too late. "WAIT! CELINE!" You turned to call to her, skidding to a stop and almost tripping. She was slowly trying to back away AND shoot them at the same time, trying to buy time for YOU...

But the beasts were practically on her already.

She kept firing, screaming something somewhere along the lines of "get the hell out of here!" at you. You couldn't move though, no matter how much your instincts told you to... You were absolutely frozen. 

"Celine...?"

They were within reach of her when something happened. With a flash, the wolves were suddenly turned around and rushing off the other way... What? There was one thing you noticed as a wolf turned their head to look at you with an angry snarl.

Their eyes were bleeding.

"What... The hell? What did you do?" Celine walked up to you shakily, brow rose in confusion. "That... That wasn't me..." "...Great. Perfect. For all we know, this could just be a big trap-" "Their eyes were bleeding and... They were suddenly flipped around as if the void itself defended us." "...Alright. Let's go." "What?" "I said 'let's go'. It's not a trap." Celine grabbed your arm and looked around, as if trying to locate something. She gave a slight hum and started marching in another direction.

Your legs were still sore, but this was a much better change of pace... Though, you doubted you had too long before they came running back...

"There."

"Huh?" You turned to where she was pointing, only to see a large rock next to a dead tree. "...Another illusion?" "Well, if you can't see a door... Take a lucky guess, dumbass." "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Shoot it or something." "How about I shoot YOU? Shut the fuck up, I know what to do." "You got it. You're the boss here."

BANG!

Just like that, the rock melted away and revealed another door with a blank paper. "There's-" "I've got it." She grabbed the paper impatiently before pushing you inside the door, closing it behind her. "...We could do that?" "This is why you're the dumbass."

Looking around you found that you were in another room. It looked like a closed-off living room; a bit messy... But it looked nice. You lead Celine to the couch and sat next to her, letting her read to you while you rested your legs.

"You have made it halfway through! Congrats! Have you found out the question? I bet you didn't! Even though you LITERALLY asked it to yourself at least twice by now... The answer should be just in front of you! The next safe zone will be the last, by the way. If you don't have your answer by then... Ooh... Good luck! And this will be your LAST reminder that you should also be looking for hints for the answer to the very last question... Emphasis on hints, plural. That is all, see you soon!

"...We have literally found nothing thus far." Celine frowned, leaning back in her seat and putting the paper in her pocket. She closed her eyes and sighed. "I'm going to rest for a minute before looking around, okay?... I'm also going to hope that the next safe zone is a kitchen because I am hungry." Celine snorted at that, going silent as you laid down. "Take a nap, brat." "Eh... I don't trust this place enough for THAT..." Celine smiled faintly, moving to pat your leg. It still kind of creeped you out that she could just... SENSE you there, and not SEE you. But in the end, you trusted her far too much to care.

"I'll protect you."