Chapter 11|Face Off

"Senior Ting Hao is missing," Bai Cao exclaimed while running down the stairs. She came straight near Elder Chen and said, "I just found this letter, Elder Chen."

Elder Chen took the letter and started reading it.

Dear Elder Chen,
Well, there is no other easy way to break it to you.
I betrayed you all. All this while, I was helping Chen Zhou to know your plans. I was with you all just to see yall's weaknesses. There was no other intention of mine. Now you must be thinking that why would I do so? So, I did this because I wanted money. Chen Zhou has money, that's why I am with him. Now, you must be thinking, why would I do this with Bai Cao, the love of my life? Well, I indeed love Bai Cao a lot... but not more than money. As you see, I am a businessman too. I all the time see things for my profit. And I think being on Chen Zhou's side is more profitable than being on yall's side. 

Sorry, Elder Chen. Not because I betrayed you all. But because I am not really sorry because I betrayed you all. And yeah, I WILL DESTROY YOU. 

After reading the letter, elder Chen sat on the chair in shock and said, "This can't happen. I never thought that Ting Hao would do this with us."

Bai Cao sat on her knees crying in front of elder Chen. She held his hand and said, "No, Elder Chen. Senior Ting Hao can never do anything like that."

"But this is what he wrote."

"What is going on? What is written in the letter?" yelled Chang An.

"In the letter, Ting Hao wrote that he was never at our side. He was always at Chen Zhou's side. He betrayed us, Chang An," yelled elder Chen.

Everyone was shocked. Chang An took the letter from elder Chen's hand. The moment he saw the letter, he was about to say something but before he could, elder Chen said, "Don't say anything, Chang An. I know that you all believe Ting Hao a lot but he has betrayed us."

Saying that elder Chen went from there to his room. Chang An found something really suspicious in elder Chen's behaviour and the way he was talking. He turned his face towards the window and saw a couple of guys outside their house hiding.

"I think we should go behind elder Chen," Chang An whispered.

Then they all went towards elder Chen's room.

As they reached inside, they saw that elder Chen has closed all the windows of his room and the curtains had also been veiled.

"Elder Chen, Ting Hao has not written this letter. It's not his writing," said Chang An.

"I know, Chang An," said elder Chen.

"Then why were you saying that he betrayed us?" asked Bai Cao.

"Bai Cao, there were a few men outside our house watching us," said Chang An.

"What!!" said everyone except elder Chen and Chang An.

"Yeah, Bai Cao. And I guess that they are Chen Zhou's people," said Chang An

"But why would Chen Zhou set up men to watch over us all of a sudden? No men were watching us for the whole month. Then why now?" asked Bai Cao.

"To see if everything is going according to his plan or not," said Elder Chen.

"So, are you suspecting Chen Zhou?" asked Bai Cao worriedly.

"See, I know I don't know Ting Hao as much as you all do. But I know that he is a trustworthy person. He would never do anything like this..., especially with Bai Cao. And even if Ting Hao would betray us, he would never directly point out to me the way the person who wrote the letter did. The way the person was talking in this letter, it felt as if he thinks of me as his biggest enemy. And I don't think I have to tell you all who that person could be or is."